Our Maiden Voyage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brojack17

We took a one night trip to Wellington, KS.  This is just 20 miles from a couple of family members and friends.  The truck (1/2 ton avalanche) pulled the trailer ok (29' CrossRoads Bel Air).  I really do need a 3/4 ton but that will have to wait until next year.  We stayed at the Wellington KOA (http://koa.com/campgrounds/wellington/).  This is a great place to stay.  The couple that owns the spot purchased this place pretty recently.  They really have put money and TLC into the site.  There is shuffleboard, horse shoes, & a playground for the kids and a pond for fishing.  I told Jodie (owner) we were brand new to RVing and had some questions.  She sent her husband Chad (owner) down to make sure we were setup ok.  The lid on my hot water heater has instructions about starting a pilot light, but he said it is an electric start.  Same for the furnace.  They are a great couple and were extremely helpful.

The kids had a blast and didn't want to come home.  We are going to another KOA next weekend for two nights in Oklahoma City, OK. 

Glad ya had such a great time yer first time out. That's what this RV'ing life is all about. Course next time mama will probably be a makin' hints about needin' a bigger RV, but that's  the way this RV'ing works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom