Cost to completely rewire a Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrbigdog320

Okay so, I have bought myself a 1975 Terry Travel Trailer It's an 21 or 22 footer, And i am worried about the wiring in the camper, cause of it being 30 somethings years old, 

And the fact that we ask the man where i got the camper from to hook it up and all he said was "everything works man was living in it"  So that leads me to think something is wrong with the wiring and or the man was just being lazy or something....

So is there anyway of testing the campers wiring and seeing if there is any faulty wiring without it being hook up to the Electricity so i don't fried anything,  when i hook it up, and if i do need to rewiring everything including the fuse boxes and stuff whats you're estimate on the cost

Thanks Chris.

To check the shorepower side turn off all the breakers and put a meter between the prongs of the shore power plug.  You should have no continuity.  Then have someone turn on the breakers, one at a time, and see if you get a reading.  If you get a very low reading it may mean you have a short somewhere, especially between one straight prong and the U shaped ground prong.  If that happens you can disconnect the device and see if you still have the reading.  If it goes away the wiring is OK but you will need to check the device further.
You can do the same thing for the battery side by putting the meter between the positive lead and ground without the battery hooked up and turning things on and off.

Back
Top Bottom