A month ago I couldn't even spell Work-amper, now.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmsboss1

For the last several years, the PelicanLady and I have stayed at the Grizzly RV Park and Cabins (http://www.grizzlyrv.com/) in West Yellowstone for several weeks in the Spring and then again in the Fall so PL the photographer could get pictures of the YNPark babies in the Spring and then the bear feeding frenzy in the Fall. In the process Yellowstone NP (and the Tetons) have become about our favorite place on earth (with the Oregon coast in second place).

Of course, we've also gotten to know the Grizzly RV Park managers, and a nice couple they are!.  The last few years they have suggested that since we enjoy the area so much we should stay through the summer and workcamp for them.  We've always declined because we like to be on the road seeing new sights.  Last Fall, as we were leaving, they came up with a new strategy, suggesting that if we workcamped for the season, PL could have a photographic record of the YNP animals throughout the year (minus winter!).

The strategy worked! We will be working at Grizzly RV Park from May 18 through October 15, 2011, PL on the reservation desk and yours truly as a maintenanceman/janitor.  4 days on, 3 off each week, always the same schedule. We are excited about it.  These will be our first real jobs in over 10 years.

We hope that many of you will stop by to see us when you are in the area.

Don and Mary Ann (The PelicanLady)

Not sure of our summer travel now due to some medical stuff for me but if you get down to Bozeman/Belgrade some time, give us a call.  We are OK in the book but you will need to call  us for directions.  We are about 2 miles from the Flying J in Belgrade. 

With Jim and Pat Dick and Bill and Jolene Whetstone also in the Park, it should make for some good times.    :)

Cool!  We have a neat little photo community, and of course the Dicks and us are nearby at OF.  What days off?  Do you know yet?  Jolene and I will be off Sat Sun, and Jim and Pat will be off Sun Mon.  (Suprise, J&P)  Schecdule is ready.

You will soon know Pam at West Mart, she is a great photographer and all around great lady. 

There is a jam at the Morning Glory on Weds nights I usually play at. 

West is a great little town, as you know.  We will arrive early April.

Jim --  We definitely call you.  Maybe we can check out Famous Dave's again!  Hope your medical stuff goes well.

Bill -- Don't have our off days schedule yet.  Will post them when we get them.

Look forward to see you all over the summer.

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom