Tv ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvnewbie2011

So we are about to "full time" it next month. We will be traveling but also be staying for exstended periods of time in one location from time to time.
I have 2 kids and we all love our Directv..
I looked into the portable sat. but they are sooooo exspensive. I know I can just bring my sat. thats on my house with me and set it up each time we stop..IDK if this would work thou.......
What has everyone else done ????

Your receiver is portable. Unplug it and put it in the RV. The only thing you need to do is purchase a used dish (reflector antenna, $20-60 used) to mount on the ladder rack and run RG6 cable to it. If you subscribe to "locals", you will lose them when you leave your area (50-200 miles) and will need to rely on your standard antenna. If your TVs are not digital, you will need a converter for over-the-air channels.

I.M. thinkin' yer question was about the satellite dish. I use one that they mount on the house. Took it off, got it on a 3x3 piece of plywood that was layin' around, and a long cable. If theres trees you can move it too the open. Also took the receever we had and so the hole setup didn't cost me a thing.

Direct TV has a portable sat. system with a tripod that you can get sometimes for free and if you have to purchase it for about $49.00.  We have the automatic RV4 on our fiver but before we had the portable unit and it worked great you just have to learn how to set it up and get the coordinates.  There are a lot of devices that will help you set it up.  We take 2 of our receivers from the house and use them in the rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom