Karl.....distant traveler??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last time I looked, I was somewhere around the island of Bali. Great weather, but those native girls are playing havoc with my afternoon naps ;D

Seriously, I am having problems getting some software re-installed on the new 200GB drives and haven't been able to get Datastorm Users Group to recognize me anymore. WIll try again this a.m. 

Karl said:
Last time I looked, I was somewhere around the island of Bali. Great weather, but those native girls are playing havoc with my afternoon naps ;D

Seriously, I am having problems getting some software re-installed on the new 200GB drives and haven't been able to get Datastorm Users Group to recognize me anymore. WIll try again this a.m. 

Must have been something you said!! ;D

Jim,
Must have been something you said!! Grin

So what else is new? :-\

You wouldn't believe the gyrations I had to go thru to get things back to abnormal. Windows Repair was a total disaster, so I started clean but had to flash the bios and find updated controller drivers to handle the ATA 133 drives. Seems older systems have a 137MB limit - but thats for another thread.

As the map reads now, I'm back in Quartzsite. (Never left)

Karl said:
Jim,
So what else is new? :-\

You wouldn't believe the gyrations I had to go thru to get things back to abnormal. Windows Repair was a total disaster, so I started clean but had to flash the bios and find updated controller drivers to handle the ATA 133 drives. Seems older systems have a 137MB limit - but thats for another thread.

As the map reads now, I'm back in Quartzsite. (Never left)

Someday I hope to invent something that runs as bad as windows but will make me as much money as Gates! Guess that's near impossible. I think he has a corner on the market.

Jim,
Someday I hope to invent something that runs as bad as windows but will make me as much money as Gates!

It'll never happen. Problem is you have an overabundance of Integrity! Such are the crosses we bear.

Smokey,
All but deserted (no pun intended), nearest neighbor about 150 yds away and, sad to say, Bob's fire ring has suffered some damage. His prized piece of quartz has split into about 3 pieces; no doubt a victim of the heat from the fire(s) :'(

Wally and Helaine were here last weekand Wally and I made a couple of forays into town, so my supply of cheap, albeit drinkable scotch is back above critical levels. Thank you, Wally and Helaine :D And thanks for your concern Smopky! Of course, I did have a couple of 15-paks of Guinness to fall back on ;D

Karl:

Did Helaine avoided kicking any Scotch?

Sorry we don't have time to join you for a couple more fires.

Oh another Guinness lover!  ;D

Sorry to hear about Bob's rock.  I think next year we should gather a group of volunteers to go on a hike looking for lovely rocks to add to Bob's fire circle collection.  I fear our huge bonfires, during the last two days of the rally, did that rock in.

Jeff,

Also sorry youse guys couldn't stay longer. Hercule is a great companion, but not much of a conversationalist :) As my washer/dryer is being replaced this week, I salvaged, among other things, the stainless steel tub for use as a fire ring and will try it out tonight to see how it fares. Helaine didn't get anywhere near the scotch, and I'm thinking about buying one of those small home office safes for use when she's within striking distance ;D  May not prevent her from spilling the liquid gold, but her toes will surely remember the encounter. Helaine, if you read this, sorry; but it's not often that we get a leg up on you (so to speak), so I'm not about to let this one die anytime soon!

Karl:

Be careful not to put any steel plates on top of that new fire ring of yours!  I still have visions of the tale you told at our last campfire.  ;D

Karl said:
Jeff,

Also sorry youse guys couldn't stay longer. Hercule is a great companion, but not much of a conversationalist :) As my washer/dryer is being replaced this week, I salvaged, among other things, the stainless steel tub for use as a fire ring and will try it out tonight to see how it fares. Helaine didn't get anywhere near the scotch, and I'm thinking about buying one of those small home office safes for use when she's within striking distance ;D  May not prevent her from spilling the liquid gold, but her toes will surely remember the encounter. Helaine, if you read this, sorry; but it's not often that we get a leg up on you (so to speak), so I'm not about to let this one die anytime soon!

Karl:

Well friend I guess your scotch is safe for the time being!  ::) ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom