What to see at the SA Caravan show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

The Annual South Australian Caravan & Camping Show will be on from 22nd to 26th February and I intend to go one of those days.
Held at the Royal Adelaide Showground the 2006 SA Caravan & Camping Show is the second largest consumer Show held at the Showground second only to the Royal Adelaide show itself. It has again expanded and now incorporates five pavilions and lots of outside exhibitors.  Held from Wednesday 22nd - Sunday 26th February, it is the largest Show we have organised to to date and you'll need a whole day to see it all!
It will carry just about every product and service related in some way to the recreation industry but what I wanted to know was what things you folks might be interested in me finding out about and reporting back here?
I hope to take a digital cam and grab some shots so what would you like to hear about? The Australian Winnebago's? Fifth Wheels? Travel Trailers? Tents and Campsite gear? Outback Clothing?  You can download a PDF of the brochure if it gives you any clues on the kinds of things that will be there.

Come on, what instructions do you want to give to this intrepid raving reporter?  ::)

Hi Ian,

I'd be interested in seeing photos of various RVs for the Aussie market and how they might differ from RVs for the U.S. market.

I noticed quite a few membership campgrounds in the brochure. Are they popular with Australian RVers?

Good questions Tom.

For starters we need to be clear that the Australian Winnebago isn't the US Winnebago. They just have the same name. The companies don't have and never have had any relationship. The Australian folks have taken on board developments from the USA and Europe and then allowed for Australian conditions and requirements. On the other hand the Swagman stable is part of Cummins so it is likely though not a dead set guarantee that it will be similar to US designs. Check their link to see their new MH with a kevlar body.

Back to the Show, I think the show will have the Winnebago, Jayco and perhaps some other imported European motorhomes as there was last year. I will try to get some info about these for you.

From memory only one 5th wheeler was displayed last year, The Flagstaff by Forest River (modified for Australian Standards), Dave Benson Vans had it. The word from competitors was that it was the same as was displayed the year before that as nobody ws interested in that mode. See what they show this year. I see that Forest River Australia have a new 30 footer available. Maybe we will get to see that too.

Tom said:
I noticed quite a few membership campgrounds in the brochure. Are they popular with Australian RVers?
Sorry Tom, I don't know enough about the Australian RV scene to give you any comment on that.

Back
Top Bottom