My McDonald's Workstation in Qz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

The Wi-Fi scene at McDonald's QZ is a bit different from your local Starbuck's up North or wherever.  :)

Those that remain after the crowds leave will come to the local McD on Main street from early AM until late at night. Most have laptop's - some obviously well off while others obviously walk or ride beat up bikes in from the desert. McDonald's management has decided not to toss folk that give off an aroma and in dire need of a shower. However, everyone seems to get along. Some of the desert folk are very sharp and help those that have trouble getting on line or whatever the problem may be. Definitely a scene you will not see at Starbuck's.

There are two, two socket plugs on the North wall. If you sit at one of tables nearby without a laptop, you will get stared down until you realize that you have occupied one of the prize seats. Some arrive with other peripherals so bring power strips to allow more plug in's -- or to allow their friends to plug in at the same time.

Anyway, have attached a pic via my Droid X of my workstation this AM. I can sit away from the prize seats with outlets because my netbook easily gives me 5 to 7 hours from the battery. I had the Big Breakfast with free senior coffee for about $5.00 total with endless refills on the coffee. Nice environment to do my email stuff, have breakfast, and relax before going back to my rig for more serious computing. I notice a couple of desert folk in the evening that purchase a small coke with endless refills, then shift over to their carry in larger mugs that will get them thru hours of Wi-Fi  ;)

Attachments

• McDonaldsWorkstation.jpg
    McDonaldsWorkstation.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom