Faithful Canine friend passes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Lou

Red-Dog, my friend and alternate Captain, left for the Rainbow Bridge on Wednesday.  He astounded the veterinary community by surviving mast-cell cancer for over five years from first diagnosis (the average is 6-7 months), but his body just couldn't fight any longer.  Putting him down was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

There will definitely be another rescue dog in my future, when the pain eases a bit. 

Attachments

• Red Dog Driver.jpg
    Red Dog Driver.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 114
Well, he'll be waiting for you when you get there.  I know what you mean, a few years ago we lost our 12 year old blind dachshund.  I couldn't even think about getting another one for a long time....

Sorry for your loss.

Lou, so very sorry to hear about the passing of your best friend.  I know the feeling.  Glad to hear that you are going to rescue another one.  There is some lucky dog out there just waiting for you.

My sympathies to you.  I don't have a dog because I still recall the pain of losing my Cocker Spaniel when I was  10 years old.  I'm still not ready for another animal, but you will be a lucky  find for some wonderful dog!  Hugs to  you.
Betty

Lou, so sorry to hear of the passing of your best friend.  So glad that you will rescue again when the time is right. 

In 2006 I held my 17 year old Westie while the vet administered the injection.  She went limp and was gone and I cried like a baby.  It took me over a year before I felt ready for another buddy.  I have Ditto now, but sitting here typing this, I'm tearing up again.  They do work their way into your heart, don't they?  Sorry for your loss.

My sympathies over the loss of your buddy.  Losing a furkid is heartbreaking.

Opening your heart and home to another needy canine is a wonderful way to honor your Red Dog. 

Ah Lou, that is so sad, I am so sorry for your loss! That is one pain I am all to familiar with and do not wish it on anyone's worst enemy! I hope your pain turns to only fond memories incredably soon!

I'm not a dog guy, but really understand the loss, sorry, that's all I can say.  I'm a cat guy, lost plenty of them, part of family gone.  Get another dog, fills that empty gap.  I've never forgot the ones that have departed, just enjoy taking care of the others.

aka Porky said:
Red-Dog, my friend and alternate Captain, left for the Rainbow Bridge on Wednesday.  He astounded the veterinary community by surviving mast-cell cancer for over five years from first diagnosis (the average is 6-7 months), but his body just couldn't fight any longer.  Putting him down was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

There will definitely be another rescue dog in my future, when the pain eases a bit.

Sorry for the double post... but don't wait!  There is another dog that wants ya'll now!  Helps with the pain as well....

Thanks all, for your thoughts and words.  They are very much appreciated.  I'll wait until after my spring gig with the Park Service on Ocracoke to rescue another old dog.  Thanks again.

it took me six months after the loss of my beloved Boomer......................now i have a new buddy and the pain has subsided some, boomer will always be in my thoughts.

good luck to you in your search for another companion.

Sorry to hear that Lou. I still think about Pepper who we lost a few years ago. Makes a grown man cry like a baby.
Some lucky dog will be along soon.

[quote author=rbell]
Sorry to hear that Lou. I still think about Pepper who we lost a few years ago. Makes a grown man cry like a baby.
Some lucky dog will be along soon.
[/quote]

Thanks Dick, I'm not ashamed to admit to a few tears, and there may be more to come.  He was an important family member for 13 years.

So very sorry for your loss. Know the feeling well. Have had a few pups cross over myself. Never easy, but man I cannot imagine my life without them.
At this moment I know the pain is intense, but I also know so was the joy. I'm sure you will get rescued yet again :)

I'm so sorry, Lou.  We lost our precious yellow lab in 2002 and the loss still occasionally seems fresh , especially when we see one of those cute yellow lab commercials.  Those precious pets are such an integral part of our lives.  So hard to lose them.  You have our sincere condolences.

Margi

Lou,

We can share your sadness with you. Having lost a dog after 17 years, and a wonderful cat after 10 years, it's not easy. I'm sure another will find it's way into your heart. I never wanted another pet after we lost a wonderful cat but we now have an almost twin sister to it. Animals make life more than it seems.

Lou, I'm so sorry. It's so hard losing our hairy kids. I couldn't stand the dogless motorhome when we lost our Sam so Gordon came to live with us within a week. He needed us and we needed him but I can understand waiting. You know he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and that there will be another hairy kid needing you sometime in the future.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom