Faithful Canine friend passes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou, my sympathy. Your loss makes me remember similar losses of my own.  :'(  And, I am not far behind you, this time. Jasper, the vet thinks, has a urinary tract cancer, not operable. Dreading where that is going. He's still enjoying life, though, and we'll ride that to the conclusion. there is a great rescue dog waiting for you. wish you well.

Ray D

You just know they will love you unconditionally for 10 to 15 years and then break your heart, but you can never forget or do without the time you spent together.

ALL DOGS GO TO HEVEN!

Sorry for your loss.  It never gets any easier.  After rescueing several ourselves I have come to believe that often we are the answer to their prayers instead of the other way around.  God bless you for being the answer to Red Dogs prayers.

>ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!<

Amen. Redd Dog will soon have another framily member join him. And a wonderful family member named Pancho, our 13 year old puli stopped eating last week, 'cept for the dog biscuits we give in love; so, I've trebeled those.

He still gets up in the morning and goes out and counts the chickens as we open the door and they come out of the coop and in the evening he makes sure they are all in. And since he stopped eating dog food he makes sure our new pup, Poppy, comes with him and learns the routine, watching every move. And pit bulls aren't herding dogs like pulik, but Poppy doesn't know that. These three pulik made him one of their own. 

[quote author=Theberrys]
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!
[/quote]

[quote author=Bob Maxwell]
>ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!<
[/quote]

Dick and Bob, my personal opinion is that all dogs also come from HEAVEN.  They are Angels sent from God. 

So sorry for your loss.  We've had quite a few "members" of our family put down and know what you're going through!  Luckily time does heal all wounds! I hope and pray that this time passes quickly for you.

Bob Maxwell said:
>ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!<

As do cats, I'm sure. My Little Dude of a number of years ago had a short life of 8 years before I had to call a best friend to help me the day I had to take him to the vet that had worked with me for several years nursing him along. Several years ago, I also lost that very close friend to the desease that actor Dudley Moore passed from. So though none of use can know exactly the pain you feel -- we can certainly share at a time like this with you.

Am glad you posted here, Lou. I recall how much better I felt after doing the same. Am sorry to read of your lose -- but hang in there. The day is coming with the special warm healing feeling that comes with finding another friend to sit in that drivers seat.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My Sheltie boy Chase (avatar) passed away a year ago of cancer. Still miss him and my other Sheltie, Mystique, who passed away ten months before that, also cancer. Their light shines on.

my deepest sympathy to you, I know the feeling and it has not been a year since the loss
of my traveling buddy Bandit.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to express their condolences and share their thoughts.  Once again, proving that the friendliest place on the web is populated by some very thoughtful and softhearted folks. 

I am so sorry for your loss.  A pet can be the best friend a person can have.  And the more you love them the more it hurts to lose them.

Lou, I am so sorry to hear of the lost of your good friend.  One year I lost a beloved two year old dog, a 26 yr old horse that I had raised and trained and an old horse I had rescued from the "killer truck".  It was a very very hard year.  Time heals, the memories help; but there is still a little hole in my heart.  Remember the fun/good times you had; and my suggestion.....get another beloved friend asap.

Marsha~

Sorry about your loss, it hurts because they are part of family. Lost my yellow lab last year at 5years old.

Sorry for your loss.  We lost our 8 year old Rottweiller last year to cancer.  It's a difficult thing to get over.  We still have those moments where you really miss your old pets. 

A side effect of my post, that I hadn't counted on, has been the stirring of old memories within other forum members, of their past pet losses.  That was not my intent, and I sincerely hope most memories were memories of sweet life and not just of their passing.  Thirteen years of fond memories are already starting to crowd the awful feelings of last Wednesday. 

I have decide that I will adopt another (older Rescue Dog) at the end of my spring gig with the Park Service.   

Back
Top Bottom