Faithful Canine friend passes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Confucious say: "today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday"...... or maby it was Mark Twain.....or Benjamin Franklin...or...ahhh  ;D

Hi Lou.  Just wanted to chime in and extend my sympathy.  Last June 19th, I had to go through letting my girl go as she lay in my arms.  That last day was the worst day  of my life.  I have accepted the fact that I will just miss her for the rest of my life.  As time goes by, however, I tend to look forward to the day when we can take another one of (IMHO) gods angels into our lives.  Dogs....just love them...I do not remember who said it, but  'I don't trust people that don't like dogs'.  My sympathy's - Rusty (with a very heavy heart)

It's official, I've been adopted :) .  Ringo seems well behaved and also house trained (a real welcome discovery).  He was obviously someone's pet.  I haven't told him yet that he has to sleep in a crate tonight.

I think motorhome navigation training may begin as early as next week.

Good for you, Lou!  Congratulations!  I just had a feeling that dog was the right one for you.  We're really happy for you both. 

Margi and Tom

Congratulations Lou, and Ringo too! More pics please ;D! I had to quit coming in this thread a couple days ago because everyone's stories were making me cry but since it was still going my curiosity got the best of me. I am so glad I did. Whoohoo! Another dog rescued from needless death. Sincere thanks to you for that Lou.

I feel for ya man.  I've been through it once, and will probably be going through it again very soon.  It will get better soon.  Hang in there man.

I just got off the phone with the folks who have Ringo's microchip registration.  It seems the previous owners did not keep their contact information up to date and could not be located.  I was able to get some more accurate information on the dog, however.

He is seven years old (not the five years estimated by the shelter).  His real name IS Ringo.
He was described to/by them as a Golden/Lab mix, rather than a Shepard/Lab mix, but he seems rather small for either mix.  He is a very good looking dog in any case.

He's had a big day and is laying at my feet as I type this.  He's going to be a joy to have around.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and well wishes.

aka Porky said:
He's had a big day and is laying at my feet as I type this.  He's going to be a joy to have around.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Lou, on being adopted. Give Ringo some hugs and skritches from us. You're both lucky dudes.

Amd FWIW, those ears are not Golden/Lab - there's definitely some Shepherd in there somewhere.

Wendy

Wendy, I agree on the ears.  A lab and a retriever would both have "hangie down" ears. 

The triangular ears, intense eyes, and the square snout (along with a blue spotted tongue) say Spitz or Chow to me.  Plus, he's just a medium sized dog.  Not nearly large enough to carry the weight of the normal Lab or Shepard.

But he's a keeper. 

I don't intend to turn this thread into "Ringo's Dairies", but just as an update, and maybe to put a cap on it, he had a very uneventful first night.

I discovered that he was not crate trained (or maybe he was crate trained and wanted nothing to do with it), so he had the run of the house while I slept.  I was pleasantly surprised to wake and find that he was, indeed, house trained.  He did wander into my room several times during the night and bump the bed just to ensure that I didn't get any more sleep than he did.  I think he actually slept on the floor, near the bed, most of the night.  I'm not sure just how much sleep he got, 'cause he's lying asleep, beside my chair as I type, in a sprawled out position so relaxed that he looks like a rug.

My emotions have come full circle.  The only thing that could be better, is if Reddog were here to enjoy watching Ringo try to fill the huge void that he left.

Ringo was scratching his neck with his hind leg and giving me his best "Wiley Coyote" look (you know the one) and I just had to tell him that, in a contest with Reddog, he wouldn't even make the semi's.  Reddog had that look down pat. :D

aka Porky said:
The only thing that could be better, is if Reddog were here to enjoy watching Ringo try to fill the huge void that he left.

Reddog is there. And he sent Ringo to you just like Sam sent us Gordon.

Wendy

Sending good thoughts your way as you work through your grief. We have a bunch of pics similar to that taken in our RV.

BernerGran

Hi Lou

Only just picked up on this thread again. How's Ringo doing ?

Lady Faith sends her love, and again challenges all Huuuuuuuuuumans to try and lick their own nose, like this.  ;D

Attachments

• P1000942 (500 x 375).jpg
    P1000942 (500 x 375).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 13
SuperMike said:
Hi Lou

Only just picked up on this thread again. How's Ringo doing ?

Lady Faith sends her love, and again challenges all Huuuuuuuuuumans to try and lick their own nose, like this.  ;D

Hi mike, Ringo is doing great so far.  We are at the beach, but he isn't crazy about it because he can't run free.  He's learning to sit patiently while I fish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom