Mini rally at Lodi, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Some photos from our mini rally at Flag City RV Resort, a new campground near the intersection of I-5 and CA Hwy 12. Ready access to the CA Delta, good restaurants at nearby Lodi and Stockton. Flying J across the street. Free DSL at every site.

Left to right in the group photo - Al & Judy, Ken & Sarah, Chris. In the foreground - Kona - belongs to Sarah.

Left to right in the rigs photo - Our Camelot, Al & Judy's Windsor, Ken & Sarah's Windsor.

Al & Judy will be at Moab and the Monaco pre-rally in Lancaster, while the group will be at the FMCA rally in Pomona.

Attachments

• group1.jpg
    group1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 77
  • rigs.jpg
    rigs.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 38
Yes, several facilities that allow them to call it a "resort" (check their web site - link in my prior message). Very clean and they're trying to do things right.

One issue - the long pads are designed for 5th wheels &/or mid-door coaches - step out the door onto the patio. However, with front foor coaches you step out onto bark/mulch.

OK, I missed the web site link in your earlier message.  Looks pretty good for Lodi.  I had no idea that that was there, although I stopped for fuel across the street last August.

The guy told me they've been open only 5 weeks.

The folks at the resort are really nice.? I happened to mention the fact that there wasn't much concrete to step on when you exit the coach and Charlie, the resident manager (owner?) told me it was high on their priority list to fix.

I especially appreciate the free DSL; no messing around with poor wireless reception and paying for it besides!

Al

Al, the DSL was a nice feature, although you and I could have got by with t-mobile, albeit a little slower.

On the way out I stopped to retrieve my deposit and fill up with propane, but was told they didn't have anyone to do it. Can't be much of a moneymaker for them I guess.

Tom said:
On the way out I stopped to retrieve my deposit and fill up with propane, but was told they didn't have anyone to do it. Can't be much of a moneymaker for them I guess.

I think they're in that twilight stage where they've just opened, but don't have a complete staff or everything organized, yet.  Hopefully, they'll be fully online shortly.

Tom said:
Some photos from our mini rally at Flag City RV Resort, a new campground near the intersection of I-5 and CA Hwy 12. Ready access to the CA Delta, good restaurants at nearby Lodi and Stockton. Flying J across the street. Free DSL at every site.

Tom, thanks for this heads up. That is a very good spot for me heading north from LA area. I used to make it to Santa Rosa but in my old age  its now a two day trip. I like to get as far north as possible so I get over to Santa Rosa before noon.

I am curious when you say DSL at very site. How do you get it into your rig? by network cable? or telephone line? or wireless?

Bob

Bob

Thank Al for finding the place. I had no idea it was there.

There's a phone hookup at every pedestal and they loan you a box (I thought it might be a DSL modem, but Al researched it and has a better explanation). You run a phone cord from the pedestal to the box in your rig and plug the box into the network port on the your PC. They asked for a $50 deposit for the box which they returned when we left.

Tom said:
There's a phone hookup at every pedestal and they loan you a box (I thought it might be a DSL modem, but Al researched it and has a better explanation). You run a phone cord from the pedestal to the box in your rig and plug the box into the network port on the your PC. They asked for a $50 deposit for the box which they returned when we left.

So if I did not want to mess with their box and deposit, I assume I could just bring my DSL Modem from home. But don't know if all DSL modems are the same?

Bob

I assume I could just bring my DSL Modem from home

Bob, you'd best wait for answer from Al on that one since he researched the system. I seem to recall him saying it wasn't true DSL, but some variation on it.

Bob Zambenini said:
So if I did not want to mess with their box and deposit, I assume I could just bring my DSL Modem from home. But don't know if all DSL modems are the same?

Bob

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier; I've been traveling.

It appears to be a simpler, cheaper version of DSL for a place like an RV paqrk or hotel.  The box they give you is tiny and easy to hook up.  It's from a company called Tut Systems if you want to look it up.

Al

I've been stopping in Flag City for years.  Of course, there was't a RV park, just a failed development with several wide, vacant streets.  On any given night you'd see 20-30 RVs and commercial trucks parked for the night.  If I was running up or down I-5 I could pull in there late at night, then have an easy jaunt home to the Bay Area the next day.

I'm glad someone recognized the potential for a RV park in that location.

Lou

Some folks still camp overnight outside the new RV park.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom