Freshwater Drain Valve R&R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaox

The travel trailer is a 2007, 29' HR Aluma Lite.  The freshwater drain valve is a Camco 2223 with flange (two screws secure it to the frame).  Upon opening the valve today, the handle broke off.  Working with pliers, what was left of the nubby handle also broke off.  So, I looked it up on the net, to find out they are a popular valve.  PROBLEM?  I can't remove the broken valve.  My idea was that there would be some slack in the tubing behind the steel beam,  and I'd simply pull out the valve, disconnect it, add the new one and be done.  No such luck.  I don't know whether to pull harder on it, or start taking down the bottom sheild and try to get to the valve connection in that manner.  The stabilizing jacks are bolted to the frame near by, meaning should I remove the few bolts for the bottom sheild, I'm not sure I can pull it down enough to see what's there, or be able to work, if need be.  The thought has occured that I might have to cut a "work hole" in the bottom shield.  I hope I have sufficiently explained the problem.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks for your time.    Gary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom