Blue Ox sway pro setup problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harleyag70

I recently purchased a new TT with a tongue weight of 585 lbs.  My tow vehicle is a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi.  I bought a Blue Ox sway pro weight distribution hitch and can't get it to set up correctly.  I have followed the instruction to the letter but when I put the tongue weight on the hitch the back end of the truck does not come back to the unloaded height of 38 1/2".  The front truck measurement is dead on at 36".  The tongue height at level is 22 1/4" and based on the tongue weight the ball height should be an additional 1 1/2" higher.  Following those instructions the rear fender height is 36" when loaded instead of the unloaded height of 38 1/2".  I have tried changes by setting up the ball height a little higher or a little lower but the rear truck measurement is alway 36" to 36 1/2".  Viewing the truck from a distance you can see that the truck bed is lower indicating that the front end of the truck is light.

What am I doing wrong in the set up.  By the way, I called Blue Ox and the technician just recited the instructions.  HELP!

Back
Top Bottom