Warning - I have to use the "F" word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terier

My cat is FAT

I got a new kitty (9-10 months of age)  in late January.  She looked bigger than 5 lbs as listed but it was just fur.  Since bringing her home 6-7 weeks ago she really got fat.  She now weights 9.7 lbs.  Her sides are puffy and the vet last night asked me if she could be pregnant.  She looks pregnant but since the shelter fixed her before she came home the changes are slim.  She is now on a diet and being encouraged to move around more.  For a good portion of the day she was comfined to a room so maybe she was eating because she was bored.  No more free feeding - just 1/4 cup food twice a day (per vet directions).

I may have to run some lab work and tests to see what is going on but she looks healthy other than being hugh.  Maybe its that new Kitten food for indoors cats that I switched to ...

Talk to you vet. And BTW, the "F" word is better than the "W" word (work).

Wendy

Wendy is correct.  We discourage the use of that four letter word around here.  Hearing it has such an effect on me that sometimes I have to lay down for a while if I am exposed to it, especially if the DW says it. 

Whew! Thank goodness! I thought it was going to be the FREE word and another Walmart parking lot thread.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

BruceinFL said:
Whew! Thank goodness! I thought it was going to be the FREE word and another Walmart parking lot thread.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Thanks to everyone for all the laughs.  :) I just completed a lot of typing and I needed something fun.  Kitty's food is being switched over and reduced.  She looks less boated today.  Maybe she had a serious tummy ache. 

Maybe your problems are worse.......like the P word......PREGNANT!

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom