Shiping packages???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

I will be new to fulltiming very soon. :)  I have run into trouble in the past when ordering things on the internet and having the order shipped to a different address then the mailing address.  How do fulltimers order something on the internet and have it shipped to Montana when their mailing address is in Florida??

We've never had a problem ordering things and having them shipped to an address other than our "official" address. We usually find a UPS or similar store in the area where we're going to be and call them ahead of time to ask about having a package sent there. Never had a problem. Most do charge a fee for receiving the package, usually $3-$5 and they usually want your name and phone number so they can look for the package and call you when it arrives.

Wendy

Sometimes, the problem comes in when you cannot enter the billing address on an online order. That billing address is the way most card verifications are set to work (the good ones, anyway).

We have never had a problem with our packages coming to a private park, even with our permanent Escapees address in Texas. I think sometimes that may not be the case for public, i.e. state, national, etc., parks who often can not be responsible for such things.

UPS and FedEx love us! The trick, though, is being very clear with the shipper about the dates. I just had to reroute windshield covers back out to Texas where we are heading because they missed their original promised ship date to Alabama.

No worries, overall, though. Have never lost or missed anything.

If your credit card company is rejecting the purchases, you might call them to see whether they can change their restrictions. I've had to do that when traveling, as some companies automatically reject purchases that aren't in keeping with their notions of established buying patterns.

I have had many items shipped to my temp address in Arizona.  Just watch the time period in that you will receive the item before you leave.  I have had only one company that would not ship to a different address than the billing address on my credit card.  The other problem some companies when shipping to an address differant than the credit card billing address will require a signature when the item is received.

If the shipper refuses to send to an address not associated with your credit card (e.g. the billing address), call the Credit Card company and ask to add the address you desire to use to your account. Add it - do not change the billing address. They can all do that.

Some items, like cameras, are almost impossible to get shipped to a different address. It is against the camera store companies policy. However, most things can be shipped to a different address.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom