Guiltiest dog ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww....poor thing. With my two, it's easy to know who is the guilty one too. It's usually Roxy and she won't even look at you. Gunther just sits and wags his tail, secure in knowing his sister is going to be in trouble, not him!

Hi Dave,
As you can see from my profile pic, we have 3 dogs - Bernese Mountain Dogs - so that is a regular thing in our house - and RV. They are training us very well to not leave things lying around.

We have two who are bad counter surfers.

Gotta love 'em. Thanks for sharing.

BernerGran

[quote author=BernerGran]

As you can see from my profile pic, we have 3 dogs - Bernese Mountain Dogs - so that is a regular thing in our house - and RV. They are training us very well to not leave things lying around.

We have two who are bad counter surfers.
[/quote]

My new dog, Ringo is also a "counter Surfer".  I like that description... thanks

;D I remember mom coming into the kitchen and finding a partially frozen (and partially eaten) ham on the floor. She found the guilty party, our border/sable cross, in the basement cowering behind the furnace. She said he looked so pathetic she didn't have the heart to scold him. That dog was a dang good actor.

The other night we had a ferocious storm with buckets of rain pelting the motorhome loudly.  I forgot to take the puppy out for "last call" and he neglected to mention it either.

In the morning, I found a boo-boo, that he had tried to carefully hide in the throw rug, by covering it up with part of the rug.

I said "Ut oh!" when I found the surprise and turned around to see the most pathetic little doggy you ever saw, scrunched up in the corner looking super guilty. He acted absolutely mortified. He sat in the corner, then hung his head low, looking extremely contrite. This is the same puppy that usually greets the morning enthusiastically.

I wanted to pick him up, to put his harness on and get him outside for a brisk morning walk.I take his harness off at bedtime, since he likes to sleep on his back often.  I felt terrible I had neglected his final outing the night before. He looked so terrified! 

Makes me wonder what the previous owners did to him, when he had a boo-boo.

He looked so pathetic, acting like I was going to do something horrible. There was no need to scold him, he knows when I say "UT OH!" really loud, that things aren't quite right, but I've never seen him look so doggone pathetic before.

Even after we came back inside from the morning walk, he put himself back in the corner for a good two hours, looking very sorry. It took some real coaxing from me, later on, to get my happy puppy back in shape, tail wagging and toy playing.

If my lab had been the culprit it would have required DNA testing of the debris to determine what it once was. I tried to give him a blanket to roll up in one winter and woke up to find the back yard covered in 1" fragments of material. It took me an hour to pick it all up.

Sounds like the little guy had some rough treatment from an impatient owner  :'( With any luck he will get past the fear, you sound like a very gentle companion for him.

I have a Hienz-57 that we got from a shelter that was set up at the Georgia renaissance festival.  She was sort of a basket case.  She had been caught in the hurricane in Atlanta
of 2011.  The is an absolute basket case when the thunder and lightening comes.  However the action that wrenches mine and DW's heart the most is when we bend down to pick her up, she goes bellyup with her front paws all bent over, as if to say don't beat me any more I won't do what ever your mad at me for.  Now mark me.  We haven ever laid a hand on this pup since the day we got her.  I can only surmise that she was abused somewhere along the line.  I will try to post a picture of her and then you tell me with a face like that who could hit that dog except for a pure monster.     

Attachments

• 043011 057 (Small).jpg
    043011 057 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 050511 066 (Small).jpg
    050511 066 (Small).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 84
"you tell me with a face like that who could hit that dog except for a pure monster."

True, but that's also true for even a very un-cute dog, right?

Our poodle growing up once was stuck in the house for more hours than she should have been while we were out, and had an accident on the living room carpet, well in a corner.  She went into the bathroom (which was not nearby to the accident site at all), grabbed toilet paper with her mouth off the roll, and dragged it back to the living room, as if to attempt to clean it up herself.  We found a long trail of tooth-pocked toilet paper.  No one else could have been in the house, as all of us who lived there were out and we had no people who could have been in the house.

We of course completely exonerated the poor dog and treated her very well.  It shocked me then and still does.

I did not mean to imply that ugly dogs should be abused, please don't think that I did.  It's just that as cute as she is I cringe when I think of the abuse that she suffered with former owners.  It's hard to explain, but no dog deserves to be abused.  Please excuse my poor choice of words.

We had a similar situation the other night. The toy poodle came into our hearts a little over a year ago, we have little history. DW gave her a big plate of food late in the evening (she knew better) and the four legged hoover inhaled it. Needless to say she left a mess in the house, something she had never done. She acted strangely later, like she expected to be beaten especially toward me. She is a complete wimp, we suspect she had been severely treated by a man in her past life. Hard to imagine treating this little white bundle of affection like that. :mad:

BLAKDUKE said:
I did not mean to imply that ugly dogs should be abused, please don't think that I did.  It's just that as cute as she is I cringe when I think of the abuse that she suffered with former owners.  It's hard to explain, but no dog deserves to be abused.  Please excuse my poor choice of words.

I know (and knew) you didn't mean that.  I'm sorry to nitpick, there was no need.  Maybe what one could mean is that although all dogs are deserving of love and gentleness, your dog just beams that out so obviously, so one would think that even a "borderline" cruel person would be melted by it, and so leaving only the truly damaged person to possibly harm the animal.  Best to you both!

Back
Top Bottom