cleaning the interior ceiling in a Sightseer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The 2003 Sightseer we just bought has a carpet looking material on the ceiling, anyone had any luck or bad experiences trying to clean it?
Overall it is pretty nice but there is some areas that appear to have stains from cooking. I figure if I try to clean those spots I will end up doing the whole ceiling.

Any advice?

Thanks

If you do a search, I'm sure there will be a lot of previous strings covering the subject.  But, the tip we got a few years ago was a spray bottle of Woolite Oxy Carpet cleaner.  It worked well, used a small plastic brush to work it in.  Also, last summer, we had a leak around one of the roof A/C's, and it was in a dirt storage lot.  There was a bad mud stain.  I replaced the rubber seal, and tried a Bissell Little Green Machine, it worked great too.

Ed

Not long after we bought our motorhome, my wife dropped a glass jar of spaghetti sauce and at first thought that only the bottom had broken out. As she continued to bring in our food supplies for the trip, she noticed to her horror that there was red spaghetti sauce on the ceiling, and not just a few splatters here and there. She used one of those oxy-clean type spray cleaners and the ceiling turned out perfect. I was due home at anytime, so she had my son playing look-out, crying and cleaning, panicking every time they heard a car driving by. In fact, it wasn't until the second day of our trip that she told me what had happened and I never had a clue what had happened. We love those cleaners, such as Oxy-Clean or Woolite Oxy-Deep and still laugh over the story.

One of the best things my wife got is what is called "little green machine"  It is like a hand held carpet cleaner.  We started out with luke warm temp, stain still there then went to a little mild liquid soap in the closet (just in case the soap left something we didn't like the closet wasn't visible)  Then did the whole carpeted ceiling. Your arm does get tired.  But results are worth it. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom