motorhomes with bed above the drivers seat ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fabrice

Hello
Im French, and I'm looking for a class-A motorhome under 32 feet long.
I've been told that there are motorhomes with a bed at the front above the driver's seat that you can pull down for the night.
Do you know which models have that type of bed?
(Sorry I don't know what you call these beds in English.)
They seem to be very difficult to find although they are very common in Europe.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Isabelle (from France)

Hi Isabelle,

These are the only ones I know of that are being made recently but I would presume there are more manufacturers as well, other forum members will be along to share those.

http://www.goitasca.com/products/2011/reyo/interior/lounge/ and it's twin
http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2011/via/interior/

Were you considering new or used?

Have a great day!
Dar

My 85 Allegro had one. I removed it. Just about every 80s Allegro I have seen has the overhead bed above the drivers seat.

My Georgie Boy class A had a pull down bed up front.  I removed it but if I remember correctly it was made by Kwickee (sp). Same folks that make electric steps.

The Thor ACE is a pretty cool rig that has this feature, and is very compact.  My wife called it "A tall class C".  It is shorter in length and has the additional sleeping room of a C but it has the tall ride and additional visibility of a class A.  We we were looking at newer rigs it would be on the list for certain!

Jeff

cmc222 said:
My 1991 flair by fleetwood has one just took it out.  Did not use it at all  now I have more head room.

I'm looking to ADD one of those if I can find one that will fit.  Wanna sell yours?  ;)  The trend I've seen is that nobody made the over-driver pull down beds for widebody Class A motorhomes from the mid 90's to late 2000's decade, and my rig falls right into the beginning of that period.  They seemed much more common in 80's and are now making a comeback in some of the smaller new Class A's on the market.

fleetwood's entry coach the Storm bunk house 32BH offers that as a option

I am also looking to ADD one of the overhead beds.  Twin, Double, or Queen will do.  If you have one to sell please contact me.
Thanks! Nicole

full-timer said:
I am also looking to ADD one of the overhead beds.  Twin, Double, or Queen will do.  If you have one to sell please contact me.
Thanks! Nicole

I had a deal like this set up with another member out of state, and found that the shipping for such a large item was quite significant... more than I could afford unfortunately.  Definitely something you'd want to find for local pickup if possible.

Our 1997 Allegro is 26 foot and has a pull down twin bed above the drivers seat, son says it's "okay" to sleep on.

Back
Top Bottom