Cannot get DVD's to work on Jensen TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

08ItCam26A

I have a Jensen LCD TV #JE2608 and a Jensen AWM960 (radio/CD/DVD player). In the past everthing I just put in the DVD and turn on the TV and everything works great.  Now I put DVD in player and I can hear sound but no picture on the TV. I have tried all input souces and none work. Can anyone give me an idea what to do?

Thanks, Ron

The first thing is to play the old swap around.. There are, Depending on how it's wired, 3 or many components in your hook up

DVD player (not to mention the DVD itself)  The cable to the TV, and the TV.  Optional are cables to switches, RF Modulators and more switches.  (this cn get downright complex)  My Video hookups here look like something the rats nested in with all the connections to the modulator/video switch, home theater, and more.  That said.. I can follow every line if I have to.

Start by using a portable TV with direct video in.. Do you have video if you simply transfer the video (yellow) cable to it?  If so then it's the TV, if not try a dfferent video cable.

now try a differnet video source in place of the DVD player,  Considering you can pick up a DVD player at a pawn shop for around 10 bucks... That would by the easiest (less you have an alternative)

If you have a full home theater like I do.. Then it gets a tad more complex.

Before doing a lot of probably useless cable swapping, it may be as simple as the format of the DVD isn't supported by the player.  Have you played this DVD in that player before?

Are you sure your TV input is set for the DVD? Did you check? Is the audio coming out of your TV speaker? Or do you have overhead speakers?

I am using a regular DVD not Blu-ray. The (Radio/CD/DVD player unit) Jensen AWM960 will play the DVD and the sound comes out of the side speaker systems. NOT the tv.
Jensen JE2608 model has the following sources: TV (analog); AV1; AV2; S-Video; VPBPA; DTV (digital tv stations & this works); HDMI. I have tryied all of these sources and nothing on the screen and no sound from the tv. So I must not be getting the signal from the DVD player. I think I probably will have to try to get to the backside of these two units to see if the cables are connected and/or good.

My insignia portable DVD player has the 1/8" plug(DVD) to to red yellow white RCA(tv) short cable.  Found out the hard way that there is a little switch next to the DVD 'port' that is labeled "AV IN ~ AV OUT".  Make sure the switch is set to AV OUT.  Don't ask !!

TV usually set AV1 or AV2

As mentioned ost likely the source is AV1 or AV2 depending on which plug the installer decided to use. Anyway next step is to pull the radio to verify it is plugged in correctly and the cable is plugged into the TV input.

Back
Top Bottom