DMV Giving Us A BAD time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. get a lawyer... sigh!
2. go to Sacramento or at least call the HQ office for DMV and ask them what to do...
3. take it back to the dealer and ask for your money back since it can't be registered in Ca... at least call him
4. register it in So Dak like so many others do... seriously, I bet 30% of the MH's have So Dak plates on 'em

Good Luck!  (try a different DMV office, perferably in a really small town...)

I too live in the "golden state".

We just bought a new 11 view. I am hoping that we dont have the same problem. ( I will post if/when we get our plates )

I have heard that the DMV is giving out of state vehicles a really tough time lately.. Sacramento wants it 9% sales tax.

Like the previous posters suggested I'd try another dmv.. I would make an appt as opposed to "walk up"

Well here in the "flyover" states-ours is Oklahoma-they don't seem so concerned about emissions. They were thorough and did go out to the coach to verify the vin-that was about it. Oh-and the wad of cash we had to give them!

V2Neal said:
I really don't understand why the dealer you purchased from isn't doing the paperwork.

Good Luck though!

When you purchase from Out of State, they don't do the paperwork.  They just give you the paperwork, which is proof of ownership and you have to take it to your own DMV and register.  As someone else said, "call Sacramento" I did that, and got no where.  I spoke with some lady who seemed even more confused than my DMV.  This is just a paperwork hell and I'm getting really frustrated.  The only good thing is that they're not charging me any more money...especially since I already paid A LOT!!

I have to work today and tomorrow but I am planning on going back to DMV on Wednesday and will see what I can get accomplished with what I've been given from Cummins.

I did make an appointment the last time, but since I already live in a small town, our DMV really isn't ever that crowded...SHHH, don't tell anyone, we like it that way!!

I'll let you know what happens!! LOL

4ducksrus said:
When you purchase from Out of State, they don't do the paperwork.  They just give you the paperwork, which is proof of ownership and you have to take it to your own DMV and register.

*facepalm* Ah, I missed that part.

Hang in there it'll sort out!  ;)

You mighht try the business office at an RV dealer that handles Winnebago.  Just explain you bought in another state, what is gong on, and if they have a suggestion.  You won't be the highest of priorities, but if they hope for future business, service and sales, they ought too treat you decently.

PancakeBill said:
You mighht try the business office at an RV dealer that handles Winnebago.  Just explain you bought in another state, what is gong on, and if they have a suggestion.  You won't be the highest of priorities, but if they hope for future business, service and sales, they ought too treat you decently.

Good Idea!  We have a brand new Pan Pacific dealer here in our town and they just might want to get our service business!  I'll drop by there and see what I can find out.  Thanks!! ;D

when i was a kid, my dad tried to register a trailer, but neither he nor the dmv inspector could find the vin.finally he asked the inspector where the vin was usually located. The next day, the vin was exactly where it should be. Kind of like on a certificate? :)

Back
Top Bottom