Removing wall mirrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnone

Hi,  I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 37B.  There are two large framed mirrors on the back wall of the bedroom.  Does anyone know how to remove these mirrors?  I don't want to damage the wall.  I'm not sure how they are secured to the wall.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  :)

I would venture to guess that they are secured with HD velcro.

Thank you for the welcome!  I've read the forum for months and find so many interesting topics.  You do a great service for the Winnebago (and other) owners to come together and help each other. 

I hadn't thought about velcro holding them...I thought maybe some super strong double tape or mirror glue...both would take off the wall covering if I tried to remove.  I'll be watching to see what you find out!  Thanks so much!  :)

Margaret

I removed a picture frame from the wall of my sunrise.  the bottom and possible the sides were held on by velcro but the top to the frame was held on be by a screw in the wall that slipped into a metal notch piece that was on the frame.  after loosening the velcro by pulling the frame carefully from the wall you had to push up the frame to get it to slide off the screw.

Don't know about Winnies, but on my Fleetwood they are glued with a thick construction adhesive.  Mirror tape would be another likely choice.

Velcro is relatively expensive and not considered permanent, so an unlikely factory choice.

Thanks guys for the suggestions...I'm sure hoping it's the velcro and screw as opposed to the heavy construction glue.  :-\    They definitely will be staying where they are if it's the glue!  The MH is away this week getting a little spring check up but should be back by the first of the week and I will do some more inspection to see if the mirrors can be removed.  I will be watching for your post John to see what you have been able to find out. 

Thank you,  Margaret

catblaster said:
our 95 bathroom mirrors are (were) double sided tape. Haven't taken off the bedroom mirror yet.

Did it remove the wall covering when you removed the mirrors??  :( 

Mike pulled off the bathroom mirror in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer in order to put in a medicine cabinet. It was attached with double-sided tape and the mirror came off in pieces. If he hadn't been covering the wall with the medicine cabinet, the wall would have been butt ugly.

Wendy

[quote author=Wendy]It was attached with double-sided table .....[/quote]

Would that be double sided tape?

I'd go back and correct my original post but then you guys wouldn't look so very bright, now would you?

Wendy

Not trying to look bright, just trying to get the facts straight. We've used lots of double sided tape to attach things, but never a double sided table. Please do correct your prior message to avoid possible future confusion.

goldwingerx2 said:
I have changed out our pics and mirror and they were attached with velcro and metal hanger on top.

I'm hoping that is what John finds out from his treasure trove of resources and I can attempt taking them off.  I'd like to put up a large print in their place.  Thank you for letting me know how yours were attached.  When I get it back next week I will check it out and hopefully do the removal.  If not, they are lovely mirrors...that will be staying right where they are!  ;) 

Margaret

Back
Top Bottom