winnebago winnebago gas mileage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Round trip from WA. state to Yuma with 05 meridian towing mini cooper 4 down.I-5 down over siskius and tahatchapi return 93 in Nevada and I-84 in Idaho and Oregon.  8.3 mpg

vbmart said:
What kind of gas mileage are people getting with the w/w?

10.5 mpg with a 35ft diesel pusher towing a Harley trailer. We keep the speed to about 63mph. Why hurry?

We have a 27ft Sunrise. We have kept track for the past 50,000+ miles (give or take a few) and we have averaged just about 12 mpg. We do not pull anything, just the motorhome by itself, sometimes two bikes on the back. After the Check Engine light indicate a faulty oxygen sensor and that was replaced, we went back up to 12 mpg.  We have been pleased with that.

Elly

Elly Dalmaijer said:
We have a 27ft Sunrise. We have kept track for the past 50,000+ miles (give or take a few) and we have averaged just about 12 mpg.

Keep in mind that the 12 mpg Canadian, is more like 10 mpg US gallons!

Having kept detailed records for our '99 Winnie 32'; our experience is pretty close to that of Elly. i.e.  11.31 mpg Canadian = 9.42 US mpg.

We haven't actually checked ours yet, but the on-board computer says we're getting 7-8 mpg depending on how we're driving.  I have a heavier foot but drive smoother than my DH and I've had it say that I was getting 8.3mpg!  Now, he doesn't drive as fast and the most he's seen is 8.1mpg.  When we finally take a nice long trip we will actually check it between fill-ups and see if the computer readout is correct. ;D

On my 1995 Brave with a 454, i am getting 10 MPG. Its all in how you drive and how much weight your carrying around.

Our 2005 Suncruiser 35A W24, quoting the Actia dash readout, I've seen "1 mpg" (going up I70 to the Eisenhower tunnel) and "39 mpg" (going down I70 after the Eisenhower tunnel) :)  All in all, my best guess is somewhere around  7-8 mpg. 

350 hp Cummins- 40 ft. Vectra.  Bought used, but readout sez since new it has averaged 6.5 mpg.  I'd really like to improve that, but our single trip averages have not gone over 7.1.  Hubby does have a heavy foot. 

Most drivers can expect about 8mpg with yory gas engine. Some will get a little more some a little less. Both of my gas Winnebagos averagd about 8.5 towing.

Checked the cummins Engine control module in my motorhome and it shows 9.5 MPG over it's lifetime. It now has 26,000 miles

We just got 9.1 on our first long trip with our Itasca Meridian V Class 34Y DP.  Towing a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, traveling 65-70mph or 55-60 (depending on the current speed limit).

I have a 99 itasca 35' sunflyer,towing a 28'enclosed trailer with a 99 camero,drove from AZ to Alabama then back to AZ,3500 mile trip,kept good records,averaged 6.5 mpg,I thought this wasn't that good,given the weight I was hauling,total length on the rig was 67',I'm not felling so bad now,I guess I'm with in the range

Attachments

• SANY0666.JPG
    SANY0666.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 19
If you have to ask, you can't afford it. ...  Kidding

As to the where abouts of the OP let me suggest that it does not take much
to intimidate a newbie into keeping his mouth shut.  As a newbie to this forum as well
as the Jeep Forum, I occasionally ask a question that draws somewhat sarcastic but well intentioned
responses.  Old friends can be very harsh to each other (my golf buddys are brutal)
and its like water off a ducks back.  The new guys back may be more tender. . .  I just happen
to have a tough back from years of asking dumb questions.  HA! 

Just a thought.

I think the original poster of this thread was having fun with us and yanking everybody's chain - the OP has a total of one post and has not been heard from since March.

I agree with you on the OP John, no matter, it's nice to see other averages for comparison.
On my 3126 DP I'm running app. 9.1 to 9.4 if I keep it between 55 & 60 mph.
If I pull my 18' enclosed car trlr then it drops 1 mpg on avg.
My first day out is always the worst, takes me a couple hrs to slow down and drop in with the trucks!

On my '84 Bago Chieftain I got 10 mpg 60 mph.  On my current Bago Brave I get 12.7 mpg at 60 mph hiway.  Less if I put my foot down  :-\.

It really depends on how you drive, and the terrain.  Our recent trip to Wisconsin averaged 7.2 mpg.  I stayed mostly on older US hwys and tried not to drive over 60 mph, just to see if I could get the most of my 1999 Suncruiser 37' 6.8L V10.  My worst gas mileage was in Ark. and Missouri where the hills really took a toll on us, but in the flatlands, we did much better.

Linda and Wayne

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom