Desoto State Park (N. Alabama)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ole Man Dan

We just returned from 5 days at Desoto State park.  The Spring weather was upper 70s with nites around 50.  Spring Break in Alabama has wound down and the kids had left.  We hiked the trails around the campsites and had a great week.
(There are bike trails also)
Desoto State Park is a straight shot from my house (about 45 miles)  I didn't have to get on I-59 (Rough).
The park was re-built 2 yrs. ago and is really beautiful.  Cable Vision, paved roads,clean modern bath-houses & graveled spots. 
We met campers from 15 states, and a couple from Canada.
I rated this trip as a 5* trip.
Next up is Lake Guntersville State Park, early April.
(Can you hear me singing... 'One the Road Again...' ???  We've got a bunch of trips planned this year. :))

Thanks for the report Dan,

Desoto SP was recommended to us early on but we never made it there.  Might do that this summer.

Joel

We went to Desoto SP many years ago and enjoyed it. Will have to head back there again.  Does nearby Fort Payne still bill itself as the "Sock Capital of the World"?  Place to be if you are in the need for some footwear.

Gary RV Roamer said:
We went to Desoto SP many years ago and enjoyed it. Will have to head back there again.  Does nearby Fort Payne still bill itself as the "Sock Capital of the World"?  Place to be if you are in the need for some footwear.

Fort Payne ceased to be a Sock Capital when most of the businesses were (Out sourced) shipped overseas.
The area was depressed for a while but it appears to be bouncing back now days.
Like many cities, the DT area is now more related to 3 different Interstate exits.  Many restaurants and the mandatory Walmarts have sprang up to fill the void. 

***Fort Payne is probally the nearest good diesel location. You pass several 'Older stations' but you pass em bye to get fresh diesel.
***There are three very good restaurants in Mentone with 4* type chefs.  I gain wt. just going inside.
***I kayak and fish the lake inside Desoto State Park.  Good fishing.

After Desoto was re-built there has been a corresponding increase in the number of 'Class As' camping there.
Funny how great facilities and location seem to draw the 'Big Rigs'...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom