I went to the guitar store...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

to buy myself a set of strings for my guitar. The guitar didn't really need a new set since the strings were only four years old, they still looked and sounded like new. But I figured 'what the hay, let's go hog wild and spring for a new set of strings'. When I arrived at the guitar store I started playing a few of the display models and after awhile it dawned on me, if I buy a new guitar it will come with a set of brand new strings all ready installed. That would save me the work of having to change strings. So I traded in my old guitar and bought a new one. I figure I now good to go for at least four more years. Then I got so excited I bought a second guitar as a backup. Now I must be good to go for the next 8 years.

The lighter colored Gitaro is my main guitar and the darker Dean is my backup.

Attachments

• Gitano 1.jpg
    Gitano 1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Gitano 2.jpg
    Gitano 2.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Gitano 3.jpg
    Gitano 3.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 34
  • Gitano 4.jpg
    Gitano 4.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Dean Vendetta XMT 1.jpg
    Dean Vendetta XMT 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Dean Vendetta XMT 2.jpg
    Dean Vendetta XMT 2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Dean Vendetta XMT 3.jpg
    Dean Vendetta XMT 3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Dean Vendetta XMT 4.jpg
    Dean Vendetta XMT 4.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
Tom,

Nice looking instruments. Sure hope you don't go to an RV dealership looking for an awning strap!!!! ;D ;D ;D

seilerbird said:
. . . and the darker Dean is my backup.

What's the purpose of a backup, Tom -- if a string breaks, or for a different sound?

Exciting getting a new instrument, so -- good for you!! I think Willie may be due to upgrade as well.

Bob Buchanan said:
What's the purpose of a backup, Tom -- if a string breaks, or for a different sound?

Exciting getting a new instrument, so -- good for you!! I think Willie may be due to upgrade as well.

There is a secret to not breaking strings I have known for years so I never break strings.

The back up has a vibrato bar on it and the main guitar doesn't. The main guitar is more of a jazz guitar and I am going to start learning how to play jazz.

carson said:
Tom, I hope you didn't forget to get a new supply of WD-40.  ;) :)
I have plenty on hand. One of the first things I did was to wipe a light coating of WD-40 on all the metal surfaces of the guitar so they will remain new looking. I also had to tightening every nut and bolt on the guitar and then give it a complete set up. But that didn't take as long as changing the strings would have taken me.

RV daytrader said:
I'm guessing you got your tax refund check and couldn't wait to spend it!!...lol, enjoy them!
What tax refund check is that? I had to pay them $65 this year. I have no bill and no debts. I pay cash for everything.

Tom,

I agree with Jim Dick, do not, let me repeat "do not," visit any RV dealerships for at least a month or two.

Good for you. Have fun with your new guitars.

JerryF

JerArdra said:
Tom,

I agree with Jim Dick, do not, let me repeat "do not," visit any RV dealerships for at least a month or two.

Good for you. Have fun with your new guitars.

JerryF
I can't visit any RV dealerships for the next few months. I am busy accessorizing my guitars. There are cases, an amp, straps, strap locs, books and a whole host of other goodies to consume.

I really like the looks of that jazz box.  Great wood, and a hollow body to boot.  Any volume without the amp?  Always wondered about those.  Jazz is easy, just say yoou are improv or fusun and play anything.  Just stay within the chord structure, when they look at you funny, get a holier than thou look and exclaim 'you aren't cool enough to understand' 

Have fun!

PancakeBill said:
Jazz is easy, just say yoou are improv or fusun and play anything.  Just stay within the chord structure, when they look at you funny, get a holier than thou look and exclaim 'you aren't cool enough to understand' 

The typical jazz quote is that it's all about the notes you don't play instead of the notes you do play.

PancakeBill said:
I really like the looks of that jazz box.  Great wood, and a hollow body to boot.  Any volume without the amp?  Always wondered about those.  Jazz is easy, just say yoou are improv or fusun and play anything.  Just stay within the chord structure, when they look at you funny, get a holier than thou look and exclaim 'you aren't cool enough to understand' 

Have fun!

No, it definitely needs an amp. I even tried out much bigger models in the guitar store and even those needed amplification. But I really love the acoustic sound I get out of it playing in on the acoustic setting on my amp. The guitar is only the size of a Les Paul so it is very comfortable to play. I found the larger ones to be quite awkward for someone my size.

I don't play jazz yet, I am getting a beginning jazz instruction book and seeing how far I can go with it. Like I said, I love the acoustic sound of the guitar and it is just screaming to have me play something jazzy.

In jazz, I must be great, I don't play any of the notes!  :eek:

I have a nephew who is a really good jazz musician on brass.  We bust on one another between the jazz and bluegrass. 

Wait, I remember another.

A rock musicisn knows dozens chords and plays before thousands

A jazz musician knows thousands of chords and plays before dozens.

LOL

I love all forms of music. I have been playing mostly hard rock most of my life and I decided it was time for a change. Smooth and clean jazz.

That Gitano is a good looking acoustic electric, Tom -- hope it sounds as good as it looks. Congratulations on your upgraded music capabilities. Hope to hear you playing that, some day soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom