getting a better internet connections when at an rv park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdq

okay - i am NOT the smartest in this topic area....

but like others, i am seeking to get better internet connections when at an rv park
and it is not uncommon for me to read on here - and i get lost in the technology language

anyway...
tonight i read a simple article
this made sense to me
though i'd share it with those at my level

regards, pdq

title...
How to Boost Wireless Performance on a Laptop: A quick and easy method to increase the strength of your laptop's wireless card to avoid weak wireless signals.
link...
http://www.netlobo.com/weak_wireless_signal.html

That may help in some unusual situations when on battery power, but most often the problem is a weak signal from the access point and there is nothing you can do on the computer to improve that other than a better antenna.

There are several ways to boost performance but first a question: Are you trying to use the park's Wi-FI (Where offered) or are you using Cellular internet (Mi-Fi or something like that)

If you are trying to use the park's wi-fi then there are several ways to improve performance There are high power WI-Fi adapters, Repeaters, External antennas and the like.. I use a system I more or less put together myself that is nearly unique but man does it work.

If using cellular wireless internet then height is might.. A "Mi-Fi" type card, tends to work much better if it is set on the ROOF of the motor home.. I'd protect it from weather.

Then you connect to the card with Wi-Fi to your laptop.

In addition you can build a simple reflector that. so long as you knwo where to aim, will improve the performance of many Wi-Fi and Mi-Fy devices

Google Wi-Fi Booster RV

It's a PDF file, that, and some card stock, weather proffing (Spray varnish or such) and tin foil and you are in business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom