1994 Brave Generator not turing on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joseph.Arteaga

I was give a 1994 Brave everything worked last season when we went out with my parents, now they have given the RV to me and the gen will not start, I put gas and it turns over (new batteries) but just will not fire-up. I know my father did not winterize, he was not feeling well. I called the local RV guy and he said put some started fluid in it and it should start, but no. Any suggestions?

If it is a built in generator, I will start with the fuel tank must be at least 1/4 full. After that check that there is plenty of oil in the pan, some have a low oil cutout. Next would probably be the fuel filter and then spark plugs.

I took my Minni out a few months ago and my gen. wouldn't run either.  Our last trip had been to Gunnison, Co and had run the gen the entire trip because the gas valve on the fridge quit and had to have electric all the time.  Then took it out a couple months later and it started and quit, and would not start again.  I finally traced it to the elec fuel pump and replaced it.  Runs fine now, so if you haven't checked the fuel pump yet, might try that.

Running my '84 Chieftain's generator one day it suddenly died.  Gas gauge showed a little under 1/2 so I drove to gas station and filled it.  Tried to start it but no luck.  Only three things needed to run...fuel, air and spark so I checked each and discovered it wasn't getting any spark.  Fortunately it was a minor part that was accessible...the condenser. 

Back
Top Bottom