Lazydays buys bankrupt Beaudry RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Mega dealer Beaudry RV of Tucson, AZ, went bankrupt about a year ago. Since then rumors have persisted that Lazydays RV Supercenter of Tampa, Fl, was interested in buying it, but  LD CFL Randy Gerber has always denied any interest. Now it turns out the rumor was right - court records show that Lazydays bought the assets of Beaudry RV for $9.55M. That includes the sales center in Tucson, the service center and campground in Tempe, and the collision repair center in Tucson. There were several other bidders for the property, but Lazydays apparently made the best offer.

Lazydays has always referred to themselves as "the largest single site RV dealer in the world", but I guess they will no longer be "single site".

See the news article here:
http://rvdailyreport.com/news/id/12066/court-records-show-lazydays-bought-beaudry-rv

It's not specifically listed but does it include the campground in Tucson?  That's a very nice RV park.

I believe the camp ground they have listed on Country Club in Tempe is actually the one in Tucson. 

Jennifer

I think she is right, besides, Lazy Days in order to stay true to form would have to have the CG.  I have been getting the letters from my contacts there all along.  Great news, especially for me.  Bob Grady was head of parts and service will be the new GM there. 

Lazydays had a letter of intent to buy Beaudry before they both went bankrupt (before Beaudry's first bankruptcy).

ken'

Back at that point Beaudrys was holding for too much.  They never came to terms.  I guess they figured they would wait it out.  Worked I guess. 

ferfer said:
I believe the camp ground they have listed on Country Club in Tempe is actually the one in Tucson. 

Trust the news to get it wrong.  What other items did they misreport?

Both Phoenix/Tempe and Tucson have a Country Club road, so a mistake is quite possible. And RV Business does not exactly have highly skilled reporters - nor high standards of quality either.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Both Phoenix/Tempe and Tucson have a Country Club road, so a mistake is quite possible. And RV Business does not exactly have highly skilled reporters - nor high standards of quality either.

That would put into question any report they publish, wouldn't it?  A minute of research would have found them the correct information.

Editors.    I have an article on Yellowstone being published in the BetterRVing mag at LD, they sent me a PDF of it.  My pictues except one.  I asked about it, they said it came from some other source, and isn't it pretty.  Sure is, but not Ystone.  OOps,,,,  As she told me, every publication, always something get in wrong.  Worst part is that it is in my article with my photos.  Readers will think it is my screwup.

They actually had me proof the text, send them the hi-res photos, and thay had to add one more....

What can I say, Ned?  It's a small time, industry online newsletter.  I wouldn't make any strategic financial decisions based on anything they report.  :D

Lazydays CEO John Horton cautions that it's not a done deal yet, even though the Bankruptcy Court has now approved the terms of the proposed sale. There are still some hurdles to cross, he says.

The Service Center listed as South Country Club, Tempe, is also really in Tucson. Beaudry had no facilities on Country Club in Tempe.
Beaudry's new Phoenix area facility was in Chandler and the old facility was on Main St in Mesa. They still owned the Mesa facility at the time they sold to the investment group that quickly went bankrupt. The sale to the investment group almost immediately put them in bankruptcy because it violated the financing agreements with Wells Fargo and GE that Beaudry used to get out of their first bankruptcy. There is no mention of the Chandler or Mesa facilies being sold to LD.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom