More Photo Winners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron from Big D said:
Great image Jim but it would be better with just a little different composition.  Had you framed it with the branch tailing off to the lower right corner and placed the bird in the upper right third of the frame, rather than centered; it would be outstanding.  Nothing else other than that.  It may still be a winner however.

I couldn't believe the images that lost in this competition that I was in.  Terrific stuff.  Fortunately, one of the committee members was listening to the judges and passed on this advice.  Anything that was not well composed and well focused, was automatically knocked out.

Ron,

Composition and focus are most important. Thanks for the advice. With this one there was too much distraction outside of the photo. I got this through some other bushes. I hope to go back for additional shots but, if not, I'll give this one a try. The rule of thirds is important.

Tom said:
Jim,

While I was out fishing today I saw several large birds that reminded me of your photo. I was wishing I had my camera with me  :(

That seems to happen a lot to me. :) I should always have the camera ready. BTW, our gator is back!!

Ron from Big D said:
I want to take a moment to thank all of you making comments on the photos.  Jim deserves just as much.  I had a little head start with my art and architectural training.

I find that you need to shoot with other photographers as much as you can to learn their techniques.  There is one woman in our group that has the most unbelievable eye for the unusual.  It is easy to walk right by a great image that she sees and you don't.  That's a real gift.  As expected, she took at least one first place.  Another woman, who has been in the club for years, said that it was an honor to just make an Honorable Mention in that competition.

It was great to shoot with you in QZ. Sure wish we had more time. BTW, the comments should be directed to you! I just attached the photo so you could comment. :)

Great Photos, Ron. Wish I was going to be a Moab to do some shooting with you. This site might be of interest.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/information/php/2005_Articles/devendra/devendra_p1.php

Isn't it about time for you to to try the New England fall colors .  Middle 2 weeks of October around our place is spectacular.

Chet18013

our gator is back!!

Isn't it nice when a lost pet returns  ;D Just make sure he doesn't take a fancy to the camera lens next time you take a photo.

Tom,

It sure is nice when lost pets are found. :) The one in our pond is pretty small. Attached is a photo of granddad. :)

Attachments

• CRW_4817_RJ (Medium).JPG
    CRW_4817_RJ (Medium).JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 57
Chet18013 said:
Great Photos, Ron. Wish I was going to be a Moab to do some shooting with you. This site might be of interest.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/information/php/2005_Articles/devendra/devendra_p1.php

Isn't it about time for you to to try the New England fall colors .  Middle 2 weeks of October around our place is spectacular.

Chet18013

Interesting site Chet.  I'll have to keep up with it.

About fall colors.  Yes, it has been a while since I've been up that way in the fall.  You never know about me though.  I might just come up that way this year.  I typically attend a couple of rallies in the Southeast and might work it in.  If I do, we can get out and shoot together.

Tom said:
That's a mean looking dude!

Tom,

We just came back from an air boat ride on the St. John's river. Saw a few of his relatives along with several eagles and the other "standard" birds of FL. :)

That must have been some ride Jim! Do they provide alligator-deterent with the life vests?  ;D

Tom said:
That must have been some ride Jim! Do they provide alligator-deterent with the life vests?  ;D

I would expect we would be on our own. :) There were quite a few that headed into the water as we came by. Looked like one of those African movies where the crocs swim toward the boats. :)

There were quite a few that headed into the water as we came by.

Sounds like you just need to be able to swim a bit faster than the other guy  ;D

Tom said:
Sounds like you just need to be able to swim a bit faster than the other guy  ;D

That's the key to survival. I know they can swim faster than I can. They can also run faster. I've heard they can do up to 35mph on land. What they can't do is zig zag. So never run away from a gator in a straight line. :)

Took a trip along a wildlife drive that runs along the Indian river. Counted 47 gators ranging from very small to very large. I'm sure we missed a few as we didn't start counting right away. I love the swamp!!! :)

Karl,

yeh,I am getting a little wrinkled. :) They are serene creatures. Most of the time they will lay in the sun and not even move when you come by. Just don't get too close. Like all of us, they need a cushion of space around them. There's is a little wider than ours. :)

Ron from Big D said:
? ? ? I submitted several images into an open competition sponsored by the Heard Nature Museum and was honored with two images placing.? My panorama of the Glowing Aspens won a Second Place Ribbon and my Lady Banksia Rose, which is a slightly manipulated image, won an Honorable Mention.? There were 650 entries.? ?There were about 35 awards given.?

Ron,
Congrats,  I just love knowing famous  people!

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Ron,
Congrats,  I just love knowing famous  people!

Betty

Betty:

When Ron gets published it will be "Rich and Famous" 8) 8)

Back
Top Bottom