Inverter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfpack30

I have a 30' Wolfpack toy hauler. Awhile back when the generator was running I had turned everything on to test the generator. Well I guess it overheated and shut off. Every since then I can't get the battery to power the low level lights or anything. Also the LP detector keeps going off which I think is related to low battery  power. Is it in the wiring or the inverter? Please help

Sounds more like you may have blown a fuse.  As for the "inverter", you probably mean the "converter" and the fuses on it would be a good place to start.

Yes it is the Converter. I've checked all the fuses and there all good. I spoke to a guy at best convertors and he said it was the convertor.

Well, if it has 120vac coming in (either from gen or shore power) and no 12vdc coming out, he is probably correct.  You may want to verify there are no hidden fuses (especially on the 120vac side) before you buy a new one.  You don't say what make/model your converter is, but you may be able to get a manual for it on-line if you don't have one already.  In the meantime, you can charge your batteries with a regular battery charger to check out everything else (such as LP detector).

You didn't mention the brand of the converter, but most made in the last 8-10 years have two fuses on the converter itself, sometimes on the back side. If either one is blown, you get no output.
Have you actually measured the converter output at the batteries? And the battery voltage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom