2000 Allison Transmission problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wristpin

I have a 2002 Journey we purchased a year ago last January. It did fine all last year except the normal little things that always happen. In the off season I try to start the motoe home and Generator at least once a month and let them warm up for awhile, A couple of months ago when I started it I noticed the "Check Trans" light flashing but it went away after a few minutes so I thought the oil was maybe cold but every time I started it after that it stays on a little longer and yessterday it took 30 minutes or more to go off and stay off. While the light is flashing the transmission will not go in reverse, The rear camera comes on as usual but no reverse. This morning I started it and no light.
Any ideas??
Thanks 

I would give Allison a call before I do any thing else.  If this has happened to you, surely it has happened to someone else and they can do a trouble shooting analysis on the phone.  Least ways when mine went sour, a few directions from a tech fixed  it.
Hope this works or better yet, everything has corrected itself.

Don, WIT 70041

utahclaimjumper said:
I'm assuming you checked the fluid level?>>>Dan

Yes I checked the fluid level thanks for the input, I should said that in my original post sorry...
Also I will mention the motorhome has only 24,500 miles on it and I changed the small external filter last year with a new OEM filter I picked up at a Allison dealer along with a gallon of synthetic trans fluid just in case I ever needed to add some down the road

We have driven it aproximately 4000 miles since we bought it without a transmission problem so I'm hoping it's a small wiring problem or something like that.
I'm going to call the allison dealer tomorrow and get his thoughts
Thanks Don and Dan

P.M. sent.    sounds like the NSBU switch.    let me know if you received the P.M.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom