Sterling Tow Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Hello...We have Sterling tow bars that we are in the process of getting set up to tow our Jeep.  We purchased them used from Craigslist and got a good deal.  They seem to be very tight pushing in and out.  We went by CW yesterday and tested out their arms on the Sterling they had as a demo and they just slid in and out really easily.  What could be wrong with ours?  My DH sprayed some lube on both arms and they did seem to move a little easier.  But still seem to be stiff, especially compared to the ones we tested.  At first, (before the lube) we had to literally pound on the ends to get them to retract!  Any ideas are appreciated...not sure about the "good deal" now!! :-\

4ducksrus said:
Hello...We have Sterling tow bars that we are in the process of getting set up to tow our Jeep.  We purchased them used from Craigslist and got a good deal.  They seem to be very tight pushing in and out.  We went by CW yesterday and tested out their arms on the Sterling they had as a demo and they just slid in and out really easily.  What could be wrong with ours?  My DH sprayed some lube on both arms and they did seem to move a little easier.  But still seem to be stiff, especially compared to the ones we tested.  At first, (before the lube) we had to literally pound on the ends to get them to retract!  Any ideas are appreciated...not sure about the "good deal" now!! :-\

Had the same problem with a used Sterling I purchased! In the process of disassembling and purchasing a Sterling rebuild kit.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom