Coming from the UK - insurance arranged by RV dealer ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thesmiths

Hello there everyone!  We are contemplating a 6-12 month road trip and had thought it would just be a case of turn up, buy an RV and off we go!  How wrong we were ....
Assuming we bought an RV from a dealer, do most of them sort out the insurance for you too?  And does this insurance cover everything i.e. accidents, breakdowns etc?

Many thanks

Hannah

Hannah,

There may be some dealerships who have a contact at an insurance company/agency, but typically you'd need to get the insurance yourself. Take a peek in the Visitors to the USA section of our library (click the Library button above), and you'll see a few articles about buying an RV here, and including things like insurance.

Hi Tom, thanks for that.  I have looked at those articles, very informative.  I am sure I read someone's post about buying an RV and the dealer sorted out the insurance too, but perhaps that isn't very common ...

That's quite possible Hannah, and it just didn't register with me. The post would likely be on this board if it was someone coming from the UK. You could try searching on 'insurance' and limiting the search to this board.

Always used Lazydays insurance services for my insurance ,always seemed to get a good price  by Progressive
I did once tried a broker but they really didn't have the right price

Ian

Thanks Ian. I wasn't aware that LD offered that service.

Back
Top Bottom