Best way to buy/register an RV coming from the UK ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thesmiths

Am I right in thinking the best way is to buy in Montana where you can get the RV registered to an LLC?

Are there any other states that make it easy (i.e. you don't need a permanent US address or drivers licence)?

Edited to say:  Having just read some other posts it appears that you can use a post forwarding address as the US address - does any state allow this and if not, which states do?

Many thanks

Hannah

We set up a Montana LLC and bought every RV plus the truck in Florida .
Cost around $1k so really only saving if spending a fair amount
The LLC company forwarded all post to whichever campsite we were staying at.all done via email or phone

Ian

You can buy anywhere but you will have to choose a state to register the vehicle.

Hi Ned - thanks - perhaps I didn't word that correctly.  What I was getting at was that it is easier to register titles in some states than others, and that it looks like in Florida you can do this without a permanent address i.e. you can have a mailbox address.  We would register the title in the state we bought in.

Some states are more restrictive than others when it comes to registration, but that's not the only consideration when deciding where to register a vehicle.  You need to consider the cost of insurance which can vary widely by state and even by county within a state.  Don't feel constrained to register the RV in the purchase state, you have a lot of choices.  I suggest reviewing some of the articles in our forum library in the Fulltiming section as much of that will apply to you.  It may well be that Florida is your best choice, but that's not always obvious without doing some research.

Back
Top Bottom