4 lug terminal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfpack30

I have a 4 lug terminal just after the battery that has 1 terminal that is messed up anyone know what that would be called or where I could get one? It's a  12 volt terminal.

We need some more clues to be able to help.  Kind of RV? Year, make and model?  Any coloring on the wires?  And how is it 'messed up"? Missing? Corroded? Miswired?

I'm not able to post a picture but it's a 2006 30' wolf pack toy hauler
The terminal has all red wires ( 1 coming from the battery) I believe it has something to do with my 12 volt lighting. All 4 connecters have 3/8" nuts to hold the wires on. The 1 is very loose and can not be tightened up, i guess the stud is stripped from the base. I have a picture but can not load because of file size

Sounds like a junction block/termimal block.  Does it look like this:
http://www.dragtimes.com/images-classifieds-large/700-Amp-Battery-Cable-terminal-Junction-Block-Bus-Bar-for-sale_150551970105.jpg

If so, you should be able to get that from most automotive stores.

Are all four studs on a common plane(like the 3 stud block in the link above)?  If so, than it's just a way to split the battery positive power in 3 different directions (1 to battery - 3 to trailer). 

If it's that is the case and there is enough room, you could remove the wire from the damaged stud and move it to another stud.  But do that only if all 4 studs are on a common plane and if there is enough room .

If it is like the one on the link that Marc posted you can get them at West Marine stores also.  Blue Seas Systems and BEP make some real good ones.  They use plated copper components so they do not corrode easily and have great electrical properties.  They are no cheap but you should never have to buy another one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom