2006 Prowler Linx 290BH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

270win

We found an 06' Prowler Linx 290BH today that looks like a really good deal.  We only found one issue and it may be a major problem so I'd like some opinions.  There is evidence of some water leaks into the front pass-through storage area.  All the way around the edges along the front wall and the doors the flooring feels a little bit soft.  The dealer is offering to replace the wood in that area and completely re-seal the front cap and re-caulk the whole exterior.  At the price we've negotiated I'd be willing to pay for it...just wondering if I'm getting into a lemon or what.  It's not the first 06' I've seen with water damage in other brands so I'm wondering if this is par for the course.  Other than this issue the trailer is a perfect fit for us and a really good price...But even if it's a deal, if it's a sign of bigger future issues I'd rather spend more money up front.

BTW- We're at $12,600 out the door...I know it's a deal but it almost seems too cheap, ya know???

Tough to say without seeing/feeling it. The damage could be minor or it could be extensive. To my mind it would not automatically kill the deal, but I'm a handyman type and comfortable in my ability to judge the risk.

I'm pretty sure I could fix it myself, but the last thing I want is another project....this is why I'm getting out of boating.  ;D

I just wanna go sit in a campground somewhere and relax.

Had an independent pre-purchase inspection done...money VERY well spent.  He pointed out many issues I hadn't noticed.  I decided to walk away from that one.  Still looking.

Back
Top Bottom