Need Campground recommendation for Southwest Ohio (Dayton/Middletown Area)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyinLexington

We're planning a short trip up to the Dayton area to go to the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, and then to the Cincinnati Museum Center on the way back.  Likely will just be a "one-nighter", and all we really will want for hookups is electric.  Looking for a relatively quiet, easy access, safe campground.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks to all.

I believe that most Ohio state park campgrounds are Passport America and the ones we've stayed at were good choices. If you are a member of FMCA, you get two nites free per month at FMCA's Cincinnati headquarters with full hookups as long as no management meetings are scheduled.

If you have a military connection, there is the FamCamp at Wright-Patt. Nice campground.

You didn't say but I would schedule at least two days for the Air Force Museum. If things haven't changed since I was there last, the first thing you want to do when you arrive there is sign up for the bus that takes you to the Air Force One hanger. Ask at the information desk.

Out on the ramp look for ARIA Aircraft 60-0374. I used to be part of the flight crew on that aircraft. I was also assigned to the maintenance crew that worked on the SR-71 that is in the museum.

Enjoy your visit.

Ditto what Bernie and Don said. The Ohio state parks are great and most give the PA discount on weekdays (not sure about weekends). We stayed at John Bryan SP, about 14 miles from Wright-Pat, when we were there in 2006 and got the PA discount on Tuesday and Wednesday but paid full price on Thursday. Be sure to spend 2 days at the AF museum and do go to see the Air Force 1 hanger. And have lots of space on your camera for pics.

Wendy

Thank you for all the good info.  We're likely heading up there a week from today (Monday) and back here on Tuesday.  We've been several times to both museums - this is a quick escape from 12-hour days of work.  Thanks especially for the tip about the Air Force One tour - we've not seen that yet. 

Back
Top Bottom