Saw an outside windshield cover on an rv......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FrankNSharon said:
Well, DUH, I know the windshield cover needs to come off, I was referring to the covers on the side windows in the living room and bedroom. :)

That's not what you asked :)  If the screens don't interfere with the driver's vision, or the mirrors, then you could leave them on.  I've not seen any RV with covers on the side windows other than the driver and passenger seat windows, however.  We use window awnings for the living room and bedroom windows.

I personally prefer the snaps for the more stable and wind resistant attachment.  As for the ladder, while I do not like ladders, I have it out anyway to ensure that my Slide Seals are facing the correct direction and to clean and treat the seals with 303.

I do not use the Sun Screens or do the seals on Over-Nighters but do for weekend and longer stays as well as storage.

I did research the internal SunScreens but decided that half the benefit is lost once the rays/heat enter the coach.

I had my screens made and installed by Wade's Screens at LazyDays.

ArdraF said:
Getting out the ladder and taking it around to each side grows thin quickly.  It actually is easier.  You'll see ours at Moab.

Actually, I was equating the task to the fact that on my plane, every preflight, I was on a ladder checking fuel and cleaning windshields, and every postflight, I was on a ladder putting more fuel back in.

It's more fun when I think of it that way!  8)

p.s. but I do agree about safety issues....

Ned,
We use window awnings for the living room and bedroom windows.

Sorry for the confusion - this coach has (had when we got it) both Awnings on all the side windows (bedroom and living room both sides) and canvas (sort of) covers that attach over the windows on turn snaps. It also has covers for the back windows and windshield.

Frank

Frank, I understand now.  I think I would use side and rear window covers only for storage.  I like looking out :)

Ours were made by Wade at Laazy Days also.  When I get back there I would like to get some side window screens done as well.  In fact, that is my task this morning, waiting for the snow to stop.  Yes, it is snowing.  Mine are corner snaps and while I need to use a ladder, I have no ladder issues. 

The twist lock attachments are fine, but with the tautness I find snaps easier.  In the wind we hhave been in, I would not trust the magnet type, or the hook type, but to be fair, I have never really looked at them.

We've been in some pretty strong winds with the RV Sun Screens (without locks or snaps) and they didn't budge.  Being that we've had all three types, there's not much difference other than convenience and safety.

ArdraF

We too like the Sungard Sunscreens with stainless steel snaps!  We have the windshield cover, and both side window covers, and they look nice and tight and professional looking with MUCH better material than the Prompts we gave away.  We started out with Prompts on this unit, but when you stretch the side straps from the windshield cover UNDER the side window covers, you could never get the side window covers to lay flat due to the windshield straps underneath, and you STILL had to use a ladder to install them.  Prompts might be good for a windshield cover, but they don't look very nice or professional. 

With the help of fellow Wildflower Scramble participant, Chip (aka Falconhunter), we were able to install my Sunguards with twist locks in about an hour today. And that was in a 20 mph wind!

I think we are going to like them a lot!  ;D

I have had Sunguard covers installed on my last two RV's. If you're gonna be parked somewhere for more than just overnight, they're well worth it. They help keep your coach cool and you can see out while nobody can see in. (during the daytime)

Back
Top Bottom