Suggestions for lite weight popup camper? Livin lite review?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunyvet

Hi all,
I have  Honda Pilot and have just discovered that the 3500 pound tow rating is kinda a misnomer and I will need to find something lighter to make our trailer dreams a reality :)
Any sugggestions?  We are two larger, taller adults, a 4 year old child and up to 5 small dogs.  Used or inexpensive would be best for us.

I am really fascinated by the Livin Lite Express traliers and don't mind the bare bones, easy to clean look... I am jsut most worried about freezing our butts off with all that aluminum here in Michigan.  The heaters are only portable and not built in and I had a concern for carbon monoxide as well.
Anyone with experience with these trailers?

Thanks,
Andrea

I don't know anything about the Livin Lite trailers, but I would definitely look more into them to see if they'd work for you.

Have you thought about an A-Liner? http://www.aliner.com/campers

Forest River is also making a 2012 A-frame camper (but I don't see anything about them on the official site). Here are a few to look at: http://www.forestriverrvsource.com/rv_search3.asp?rvtype=6&keyword=flagstaff

Reason I'm suggesting an A-frame is that they'll give you a lot of ceiling height in the middle, is still hard-walled, and will be towable by the Pilot. Will also have heat/air and fairly good insulation. Nothing that light weight is going to have great insulation, but you may find something like this has a bit more than, say, a popup.  The Gulfstream Visa is great for tall folks, but the weight it just a bit too much for the Pilot.

(Also -- Make sure the Pilot has a tranny cooler, etc., for towing. I don't think they come that way standard, but you can have Honda do an after-market add on of their "tow package" for the unit).

Good luck in your search!!

Back
Top Bottom