No lights on 12v batter power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

We have a 2002 Jayco Heritage Pop up camper. The trailer is popped up and the lights work on 110v converter to 12 volt. The problem is the lights don't work on 12v battery power. The owners manual says to check the switch on the left side under the roof that shuts off the lights when the roof is down.  Anyone know exactly where that switch is located?  I have looked and can't seem to find it.  Thanks

Maybe this will help.  I had owned a 1994 Jayco pop up.  I had the big tandem axle 14 footer.  Great RV and had a blast with it.
The switch may not be in the same location as yours, but it might give you some ideas on what to look for.  First of all, the top of the camper needs to be at least partially open to see it if Jayco didn't change anything from 1994 to 2002.  From the outside and standing behind the camper facing the back of it, step around the left corner of the camper and look up under the inside lip of the top.  The switch on my old camper was mounted in between the canvas and the inside lip of the top where it overlaps the bottom when closed.  It was protected from the elements up under there and would be triggered with the camper closed up for towing/storage to prevent battery drain in case an overhead light was left on.  You could only see this switch from the outside.  If I recall, it was roughly half the size of a Zippo cigarette lighter with about a 2" metal arm on it that would come in contact with the top edge of the bottom wall of the camper when closed.
Again, Jayco may have changed a bunch of things in the 8 years between our campers.  But maybe something this simple was left as is and if you were looking on the inside for it, you would of never found the switch.  Best of luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom