Fun with upgrades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolf Pack Fan

I'm having a really fun time with upgrading the electronics in our new to us 05 National Dolphin.  I hope it's ok that I share some of my fun with the folks here.  I'm having a lot of fun with it, and learning some good stuff!  The interior tv's are still the original flat face tube tv's.  They'll get upgraded in time.  The upgrades will be interesting.  It's seems the motorhome was built around the tv over the dash.  We've added new dvd players front and back and the bedroom dvd now operates independent of the the front dvd.  The bedroom has a new and seperate amplified antenna so it will be able to show over the air broadcasts independent of the front, as soon as another digital convertor box or new digital tv is purchased.  The front tv now has a play station 2 and new wireless controllers purchased off of ebay.  Not as fancy as the new xb360, or ps3 gaming platforms, but still fun.  The multigame cd with parchesi, checkers, chess and a bunch of others takes up a lot less space than the actual board games.  The direct TV box in our guest room will serve double duty as a box for the motorhome as well.  If the motorhome kills it, get over it guests!  :) Go watch the giant tv in the living room and have another beer.  Satellite dish and tripod are being picked up tomorrow.  Last weekend we got a new 32" lcd flat screen for outside viewing.  It will fit nicely in the basement storage compartment.  It will get it's own independent dvd player, a feed from direct tv and hook up to my ipad.  Once football season starts at UNR it'll get over the air fed to it.  We tailgate every UNR game and being able to watch other college football games on local channels while tailgating will be kinda fun.  The ipad hook up is pretty cool.  I jailbroke my ipad and installed an app that allows the ipad to video out anything showing on the screen through a component cable hooked to the tv.  Apple doesn't allow that for everything.  Streaming music video's from Vevo look pretty good on the flatscreen, and if I've got 3g signal I've got Vevo.  The tv's audio isn't great so the audio gets fed into a Kicker ikick boom box that sounds better than the Bose sound dock.  I think the funnest app on the ipad will be fireplace HD.  We'll have our choice of 8 different 32" fires complete with crackling and popping sound.  Passer byes will probably freak out at first glance thinking there's a fire in basement of the motorhome.  For those that read this to the end, Thanks!  Probably a pretty boring post, but fun, just the same.  CHEERS ALL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom