Duck quacking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topdownman

We just returned from a trip to Orlando and I've noticed something odd happening.  I can hear a noise occasionally in the MH that sounds like a duck quacking.  It's very distinct.

The first time this happened was in the middle of the night.  I heard this "QUACK" and it woke me up.  I actually thought maybe I was dreaming so didn't think too much of it and went back to sleep.  Well, it happened again at 5:30 in the morning.  This time one of the dogs heard it too and barked.  I got up and looked around but could find nothing out of the ordinary.  It was still dark outside so I thought maybe, there really was a duck outside and that's what I was hearing.

We arrived back home a few days later and I had the motorhome parked in the driveway.  There was a few things that needed attention after the trip and I was working under the sink in the galley and I heard it again.  I slammed my head on the cabinets it startled me so.  I swear it sounds like it's coming from the vicinity of the fridge, or maybe the furnace (which is under the fridge).  It only quacks once, then silence.  I sat and waited for about 15 minutes to see if it would happen again and it did not.

Is there any type of alarm or valve that anyone has ever experienced making a quacking sound?

Maybe a duck has stowed himself away in your motorhome. Could also be the water pump if you have a real slow leak in the water system. Try tightening all your water faucets.

It's probably a frog.  Back at my moms home when I lived there I too use to hear this quacking sound.  I swear it was a duck, So i sat out and stared then i heard the noise from some bushes, I shoke the bushes and frog started hopping.  I know the exact sound you are talking about.

Yup, some frogs sound just like ducks. Used to hear them all the time in the Everglades.

Oh jeez don't tell me I've got a frog trapped somewhere that's going to die and start stinking... :-X

My wife will not go back in there if it's a frog.

Somebody needs to call Disney and make sure Donald is still there LOL
; ??? ;D

Well, we DID go to Disney World so I certainly hope Donald Duck didn't stow away.  No air suspension so it couldn't be an issue there unless there something happening with my hydraulic jacks.  It could be an alarm of some sort but it's certainly nothing I've ever heard in my 7 years of ownership.

Hope you find it.  Finding these wierd noises is not all its quacked up to be. ;D

gwcowgill said:
I thought I saw him doing the train ad. Maybe that is where he went.

Gilbert Godfrey said something not politically correct and AFLAC fired him. Wasn't that long ago.

Back
Top Bottom