Arctic Fox 27L, 30U

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

19GC45

Hi
I'm new to this, so...
Looking at fulltiming in an older Arctic Fox TT. I originally planned on a fiver, but chose a TT in order to leave my truck bed available to carry a motorcycle, etc. In addition, TTs are relatively cheaper for comparable models.
My first choice would be a 27T model (RL layout) at about 29-1/2'. Problem is very few ever show up for resale. The 30U model at about 32-1/2' has a similar layout, is more readily available used, & for some reason priced more reasonably than the 27T. Been around longer for one thing.
My concern is maneuverability. A TT is inherently less maneuverable than a fiver and I'm concerned the additional 3' will be a problem, both in parks & in remote areas, where I hope to spend most of my time.
I don't want to go smaller than something like the 27T as the trailer will be my home for a few years & reasonable space & comfort are important.
Any advice would be appreciated, as well as comment on Arctic Fox, particularly firsthand experience with the models in question.

Welcome to the RV Forum, 19CG45. Arctic Fox makes a good trailer, which is likely why their owners keep them.

A travel trailer maneuvers fine, especially backing up. The leverage of the hitch location, far behind the tow vehicle axle, turns the trailer quickly.  And the trailer tends to follow in the path of the tow vehicle going forward, whereas a 5W cuts the corner.  The fiver is more stable in winds or passing trucks, though.

I concur 30+' gets harder to handle...We love our 28' Desert Fox.  Not sure if their is a comparison to the 'Desert' and 'Artic' Fox?  I always get a chuckle that I am in AK, but the Desert Fox is all set up for the cold temps....lol
I know it gets cold in deserts at night, but not so cold you need heated tanks. ;D

Gary RV Roamer said:
Welcome to the RV Forum, 19CG45. Arctic Fox makes a good trailer, which is likely why their owners keep them.

A travel trailer maneuvers fine, especially backing up. The leverage of the hitch location, far behind the tow vehicle axle, turns the trailer quickly.  And the trailer tends to follow in the path of the tow vehicle going forward, whereas a 5W cuts the corner.  The fiver is more stable in winds or passing trucks, though.
Thanks.
Do you see any substantial advantage to a weight distributing hitch? The Pullrite (http://pullrite.com/pullrite.htm) sounded like a good idea.

I would say yes, there are substantial advantages to a weight distributing hitch.  How much of an advantage all depends od the specifics of the tow vehicle (TV) and the trailer specifics.....

Just a suggestion. You might want to ask the same question on the Arctic Fox/Nash Forum. Only drawback is to post you need to become a member and there is a small cost associated to joining. The website if interested is www.afnash.com.

bailer6334 said:
Just a suggestion. You might want to ask the same question on the Arctic Fox/Nash Forum. Only drawback is to post you need to become a member and there is a small cost associated to joining. The website if interested is www.afnash.com.
Hi
I joined NROA late last year. I haven't logged in for some time & I've been having login failures the last couple of days. I'm trying to sort it out with the site admin & will post there when I'm able.

Back
Top Bottom