Back up Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Before I dig into my manual, I was wondering if any of you can tell me if my back up camera's view can be manipulated?  In my old MH our screen had a plus and minus that you could use to move the camera up or down, and from side to side.  I've played around with ours a little, but haven't found where this can be done.  Thanks in advance for your help.  BTW, we have a 2011 Itasca Meridian.  Thanks!

No, I just meant being able to change the view so that I'd be able to see further behind me and not just my tow vehicle.  But, it sounds like it's stationary.

Not sure about a motorized option, but you should be able to manually adjust the camera.

Do you mean to actually climb up and adjust it at the lens? 

John Canfield said:
My Sony cam can be adjusted up and down - tweaking it was one of the first things I did after we took delivery.

Were you able to do this from the monitor?

Okay, thanks!  We will have to drag out the extension ladder and give it a try.

I found a friend to lay on his stomach on the roof and  I was in the drivers seat. He loosened the nuts on the camera and we talked on cell phones as he moved the camera. I parked the car behind the NH as if it were being towed. Worked great.

Thanks, that's another great idea!  Right now we can see our entire tow vehicle, just thought we'd like to see a bit further back.

Is there a possibility of branches sticking into your backup zone?  I suspect most cameras won't pick those up.  If that's much of a problem.

Tony, I'm not sure what you're asking.  We just wanted to see if anyone knew if our camera had the capabilities to adjust the direction.  We had a camera on our Super C and we could adjust it up and down and right and left from the screen.  I just couldn't find anywhere on the menu where this cold be done.  John mentioned that he can move his, but it has to be done at the camera.  We're going to try that.  Thanks...

Sorry, what I should've added is that the top of the camera viewing area could be lower than the top of your RV.  So you wouldn't see any overhanging branch that is 6 inches less than the top of your RV.  Instead the camera is pointing more downwards.

Right now our camera is showing just the tow vehicle.  We can clearly see the hitch and cables and really the entire jeep.  What I'd like to see is possibly a little further out and still see the tow vehicle...if that's possible.

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Some of our Voyager observation systems do have a tilt feature.  This enables the camera to go from a hitch to horizon view with a touch of a button.  This is most likely what you had on your previous system.  To have the tilt capability, you must have a tilt-capable monitor, camera and camera cable.  If your observation system does not have the tilt feature, you can manually adjust the camera?s view by loosening the screws attaching the camera to the bracket and adjust the camera?s angle to your desired view. Then re-tighten the screws to lock the camera in place.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team

Back
Top Bottom