Freightliner provides USB service library with new coaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
New coaches with a Freightliner chassis will receive a USB magnetic storage device with a library of information about their chassis, including maintenance schedules, warranty info, owner manuals, and website links.  This is in addition to the customer support 24/7 hotline already provided.

New coaches will come with the USB device as part of the chassis owner package. Those who already bought a coach with a 2011 Freightliner chassis (purchased since Jan 1, 2011) will receive the new device via mail if they are the registered owner of the chassis.

The USB device has over a gigabyte of available space for the owner to use for additional data of his own.

For the full press release see http://rvdailyreport.com/news/id/12440/freightliner-expands-247-direct-service-with-usb-device

A lot of those will end up in a drawer at the dealerships if the buyer doesn't know to ask for it.

Gary RV Roamer said:
The USB device has over a gigabyte of available space for the owner to use for additional data of his own.

What a great place to keep the data from "Rolling Stock", all the maintenance records and mileage information.

Boy I wish I could get this for my Oldie chassis. I have found over the years Freighting customer support is tops. I had to get the Allison Serial Number to buy a part and when I crawled under the coach to write it down I found a Muffler bracket covering the serial number plate. Before I removed the bracket I called Freighting support and in about three minutes I had the Allison Serial number. Keep in mind this is a 1998 Chassis. I had to replace the tail pipe and the local Freighting service guy said it's not available any more. A call to customer support and in two days I had a PDF drawing of the tail pipe I sent off to a company in Mi and had it bent up. Great support on a 11  year old product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom