Kohler 593 R Genset Info needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

offshore1v

Hello All,

I am looking at purchasing a unit with a Kohler 593r Genset.  I have been told the genset runs fine, but does not produce electricity.
I am thinking this means it needs an internal inverter replaced
Anyone have experience with this genset--- & preferably- have worked on and made this type of repair ?

also-
1) Does anyone know if parts are available for this ?
2) Cost & source for parts ?
3) what is involved & would the price of repair vs. new make it a lost cause ?

4)I could not find the model number 593r on the Kohler website- & am under the impression the 593r is quite old.... anyone know for sure ?

Can't really help you with your issue offshore1v, but just wanted to suggest that the 593r might not be the model number as I see different sizes of Kohler gensets on line with that number (the 593r) plus the different model numbers listed with it. You might have better luck finding some help if you can get all the numbers associated with the genset, and even a picture if possible.

Are you sure it is an inverter type generator? Could be direct AC generation instead of inverter.

I couldn't find a model 593 either. Gas or diesel or LP? Size?

In any case, you are talking big bucks to fix this.  Either the inverter or the half wave alternator that feeds it is an expensive part. And if it is not inverter power, then the AC generation parts are equally expensive. I gather it is not installed in anything right now, so that saves a lot of labor, but I'll still bet we are talking upwards of $1000 and maybe $2k. They ought to give the the generator so you can afford to fix it.

The OP hasn't been back in over 4 years so don't look for a reply any time soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom