POSSIBLE ONLINE SCAM ATTEMPT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valleygeocacher

Here's a series of messages that transpired from a laptop ad that I posted. The messages show the classic scam of buying something with a possibly fake check, demanding a refund of overpayment while the check/money order is being processed.

The transaction is pending, but I'll be there with camera and a Postal Inspector when her "shipper" arrives.

While the communication was in progress, Norton Anti-Virus reported a blocked Worm/Trojan.

HELLO BUCK ,
I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT THE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOUR MAIL THIS WEEK (MONEY ORDER) SO ONCE YOU GET IT GET BACK TO ME SO I CAN EMAIL YOU THE SHIPPER DETAILS TO SEND THE BALANCE .

REGARDS

BuckSBC <[email protected]> wrote:
That's all okay, but I've never done this sort of transaction before, so please give me full instructions.

Thanks

Buck
----- Original Message -----
To: BuckSBC
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: laptop

HELLO ,
I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT THE MONEY ORDER WILL I MAIL WILL BE OVERDRAFT WHICH WILL COVER THE PAYMENT AND SHIPPING SO ONCE YOU GET THE PAYMENT YOU SEND THE EXCESS AMOUNT TO MY SHIPPER , MY DAUGHTER JUST GOT A NEW APARTMENT IN LONDON AND AM GETTING LOTS OF ITEMS FOR HER THAT SHE NEEDS AND THE SHIPPER ARE PICKING UP SOME OTHER ITEMS ALSO SO ONCE YOU GET THE MONEY ORDER YOU SEND THEM THE EXCESS BALANCE .

N.B I WILL GIVE YOU ADDITIONAL $50 FOR THE RESERVE AND ANY INCONVINENCE THIS MIGHT CAUSE YOU .I NEED A FINAL CONFIRMATION SO PAYMENT CAN BE ON ITS WAY TO YOU ASAP.

USPS m.o. is fine.
The Money order should be in the total amount of $350 plus shipping. Don't send more or less than that amount.

Tell me where it is to be shipped, so I can tell you the total price including shipping charge.

Our address is:
E. B. Buchanan
215 S. Valley View Rd. Lot #60
Donna, TX 78537

It includes the following:
1. Laptop w/ Power Supply
2. CD-RW
3. Floppy Drive
4. 56K FAX/MODEM

It is working fine-- I'm using it to send this email. But please understand the laptop with components listed above is sold as Is.

Thank you,

Buck Buchanan
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:21 AM

Hi buck ,
alright i will send you the money order at once and arrange for a shipper to pick it up once you get the payment you cash it and they will come for the pick up in your place and take care of all necessary paper works.i will like you to know that i will send you a money order to cover the payment and shipping once you get it you cash and get your accure amount and send the rest to my shipper via western union .i will email you the shipper details to do this once you get the payment and pls reconfirm your full name and address to mail payment ,i am waiting for your email.

Yes. Money order is okay.

Is it to be shipped, or picked up in Donna

Buck
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:12 AM

got ur mail. i'ld love to get the laptop for my daughter and i'ld like to know if u;ld accept usps money order for payment. pls do reply now. i'm online

You can see the laptop at
215 S. Valley View Rd. Lot #60
Donna, TX

Tell me what time you would like to come by.

Buck Buchanan

I have also been getting a number of E-Mails which appear to be from "Chase Online Services" or some such, They are telling me that the online service (Which I don't think I've ever subscribed to or used) will be suspended if I don't renew my account information

The clickable link appears to be chase online however Firefox says it's really something else (down on the status bar)

Chase's REAL web page advises that a lot of folks have gotten this kind of E-mail

This is one phish who don't byte.  However I do forward phish E-mails to the folks who can put the BITE on the jerks
([email protected] in this case)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom