Pilgrim Open roads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

19GC45

Hi
Having pretty much decided on an Arctic Fox TT, I ran across Pilgrim Open Roads. They have a floor plan I like in an appropriate size & are a bargain now that they have gone out of business. I've searched this & other forums; comment has been limited, but generally positive. I understand they had some (Lippert) frame issues but got the impression this applied to fifth wheels. So far, I haven't found enough information to be really useful.
I'd like to hear from anyone familiar with them. I'm not looking for alternatives, just information.

19GC45 said:
Hi
Having pretty much decided on an Arctic Fox TT, I ran across Pilgrim Open Roads. They have a floor plan I like in an appropriate size & are a bargain now that they have gone out of business. I've searched this & other forums; comment has been limited, but generally positive. I understand they had some (Lippert) frame issues but got the impression this applied to fifth wheels. So far, I haven't found enough information to be really useful.
I'd like to hear from anyone familiar with them. I'm not looking for alternatives, just information.

I googled Lippert frames this morning.  :eek:  I am no longer interested in Open Roads or any of the many others having Lippert frames.

I'm aware of the construction methods AF use to build their own frames, which contribute to their durability (&weight).

Well then, I'm glad we didn't buy the 37 footer the wife and I were looking at a couple years ago. It was too much trailer for my truck or we would have bought it. It had a rear garage, 4 slides, big kitchen with an island bar/sink and lots of nice woodwork. I hadn't heard about frame problems, I'm glad I know now because the wife and I have talked about trying to find one like it but a little smaller. Not now.

Stewie Griffin said:
Well then, I'm glad we didn't buy the 37 footer the wife and I were looking at a couple years ago. It was too much trailer for my truck or we would have bought it. It had a rear garage, 4 slides, big kitchen with an island bar/sink and lots of nice woodwork. I hadn't heard about frame problems, I'm glad I know now because the wife and I have talked about trying to find one like it but a little smaller. Not now.

I've heard from other owners who've had no problems, & they're likely the large majority. I don't need the risk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom