A female guitarist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seilerbird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-J_sJB29Q

I just bought a Blu Ray called "Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's". Of course it is filled with awesome guitar music from one of the masters. But he is upstaged by a 24 year old female bass player named Tal Wilkenfeld. She is 24 but looks about 12, but she plays like a 50 year old road hardened pro. The you tube link is to the bass solo she preformed in the middle of the song "Cause We Ended As Lovers", one of Jeff's greatest masterpieces. She just took over and owns the song. Jeff glows like a proud grandparent.

Tom,

It wasn't so long ago that you claimed you didn't like viewing YouTube videos for various reasons.  Are you a believer now?

Luca1369 said:
Tom,

It wasn't so long ago that you claimed you didn't like viewing YouTube videos for various reasons.  Are you a believer now?
No, I still hate youtube, but it is the only way I could share this video.

I would like youtube a lot better if the clips had some quality to them, but most of them the audio and video are terrible.

seilerbird said:
I would like youtube a lot better if the clips had some quality to them, but most of them the audio and video are terrible.

I agree, but on the plus side, if you don't mind a bit of a fuzzy picture, you can view some outstanding performances.  BTW, she's a VERY talented bass player.  What a bright future she has!

JayT said:
Tal has a album out called Transformation...... it's excellent.

Jay T
K6ruv
I have heard about the album, but I am waiting for the DVD. As a certified dirty old man I want to watch her as much as I want to hear her.

That solo made me think of that scene in Jaws where Quint asked Brody to poor some water on the reel. That bass was smokin. I love the look she gave when she was done like "was that what you were looking for".

seilerbird said:
Just like the Internet.  :)

seilerbird said:
I have heard about the album, but I am waiting for the DVD. As a certified dirty old man I want to watch her as much as I want to hear her.
So now I had to watch it.  You have good taste.  :)

Not a real bluesy guy but the girl was great.Beck is good but Trower was better. ;)Imho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom