RV Cats need a home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZuniJayne

Greetings, all!

My good friend Sharon, who was a fulltime RVer, unexpectedly died from a respiratory illness in Long Beach CA a few weeks ago.

She left behind 3 great cats that are used to RVing.  I am looking for someone who would be able to give all three of these cats a good home.

If no one can give these cats a good home, can someone bring them to me here in New Mexico?

Thanks in advance,

ZuniJayne said:
Greetings, all!

My good friend Sharon, who was a fulltime RVer, unexpectedly died from a respiratory illness in Long Beach CA a few weeks ago.

She left behind 3 great cats that are used to RVing.? I am looking for someone who would be able to give all three of these cats a good home.

If no one can give these cats a good home, can someone bring them to me here in New Mexico?

Thanks in advance,

Oh, Jane -- is that the lady you asked my to help park last year at QZ??? I have forgotten her name.

ZuniJayne said:
? Her niece put up a website in her memory, www.sharonshafer.com.

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for sharing that web site.  What a lovely way to share memories of those we knew who have passed on.  It reminds me that we sure need to express our feelings to those we love while they are still alive so that they may "know before they go."  While I never met your friend, I feel like I did through the messages.  Good luck in getting a home for the kitties.

Betty Brewer

ZuniJayne said:
Bob,

Yes, you met Sharon last winter at Q.? Her niece put up a website in her memory, www.sharonshafer.com.

Jane:

Am so sorry to read this news of Sharon.

After your call at QZ '05, Sharon contacted me from the ranger station. I was the only RV Forum member there at the time. I got her parked and she stayed for the night then moved over to another group that was just beginning arrive. She wanted to park East/West and close to the wash for her kitties.

The next day she asked me to join her and another of her friends that had just arrived from, I believe, the New England area, for dinner. He said he had heard so much about QZ from the forums that he and Sharon shared so decided to travel all the way across country to see what it was all about.

I introduced them to that little restaurant just across the alley from the Post Office. Conversation doesn't get much better than what the 3 of us shared over the next hour or so. I recall thinking how undestandable it was that the two of you were such good friends.

After dinner, Sharon wanted to go to the W-iFi, Bus, Cafe thing (I see a note on the web site from the fellow that ran the converted bus cafe portion). During dinner -- I mentioned I was watching my weight but really wanted some desert anyway. So before we went home, they insisted we stop at the truck stop by McDonald's so they could treat me to a huge Dairy Queen special. So it was a fine evening with Sharon and her friend that I had only known for a few hours previously.

Sharon visited a number of times after that, and, if those attending QZ '05 can recall, came to our potluck. We think of nice times together as we meet new people, but when something like this happens to a relatively young and vibrant person -- the memories become very special.

I know how you must miss Sharon, Jayne . . .

Betty,

Thank you for responding.  I do miss Sharon.  She's one of those folks we may not spend much time with but are always friends.  These people are rare gifts. (BTW) thanks for trying to contact me at the hospital.)

I usually do tell my close friends that I love them, and now I make SURE I do.

Bob,

Thanks for sharing your meeting with Sharon.  I really appreciate it.

Hope to see the Forum gang at Q this coming winter.

Have you found a home for the cats yet?  It's possible I may have a lead, however I don't know how many more cats that they can take in (they have a few already don't you know) http://catzmom.com/ 

Mostly they take in strays

Back
Top Bottom