Can't get 2011 prices from Winnebago for my repair parts!!! What to do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

As I posted previously, my DH thought he could turn our rig on a dime and ran over a rather large bolder that was in a parking lot.  It damaged one of our cargo doors and the moldings around it.  I was told by Winnebago that I had to go through an Authorized dealer to get the parts and so I went to a local Pan Pacific Dealership, that was over a week ago and I've yet to get my estimate!  The Service Manager keeps telling me that they haven't gotten a price sheet from Winnebago for 2011 parts yet!  So, here I am stuck with trips planned that I'm going to have to cancel and lose refunds...etc!  I would appreciate any and all suggestions as to what to do.  What I'm thinking of doing is calling the Customer Service at Winnebago and seeing if I can get any help from them...whatelse??  Thanks in advance.... 

I think it may be time for some creative shade tree or red neck mechanic to get on the job as this is serious if you can't make your trip!  :)

4ducksrus said:
As I posted previously, my DH thought he could turn our rig on a dime and ran over a rather large bolder that was in a parking lot.  It damaged one of our cargo doors and the moldings around it.  I was told by Winnebago that I had to go through an Authorized dealer to get the parts and so I went to a local Pan Pacific Dealership, that was over a week ago and I've yet to get my estimate!  The Service Manager keeps telling me that they haven't gotten a price sheet from Winnebago for 2011 parts yet!  So, here I am stuck with trips planned that I'm going to have to cancel and lose refunds...etc!  I would appreciate any and all suggestions as to what to do.  What I'm thinking of doing is calling the Customer Service at Winnebago and seeing if I can get any help from them...whatelse??  Thanks in advance....

You might try calling Lichtsinn Motors (Winnebago dealer in Forest City, IA) 800-343-6255.

You could ask Pan Pacific Dealership if they can do a make shift repair to get you on the road so that you can schedule the actual fix for a time that falls between your scheduled trips.

It's okay, we already cancelled the one for next week.  We have a big trip planned for Memorial Weekend and now I'm worried it won't be ready by then!  That one is planned with 10 other couples and I am one of the people arranging it.  I'd really hate to miss that one.  This is ending up to be a costly mistake as is...the paint alone is over $2K...I imagine it will be over $3K total.  We have $1K deductible....so, to have them do anything else would I'm sure be expensive.  It's just frustrating...it doesn't seem like it should take this long, especially since they aren't doing ANY body work, just changing out parts!  I've had body work done on a car in a week for heaven's sake!  I've been told that everything all duck's are in a row except for the pricing and getting of the parts from Winnebago.  That just doesn't make sense to me especially since they're still making this exact model NOW....Oh well, thanks for letting me vent.  I'm going to call Winnie and see what I can find out.  I'll keep you all posted...

Here's my update...I called the Winnebago Owner's number and spoke to Rod this morning.  After explaining my situation to him, he put me on hold and went and spoke to someone else.  When he came back he said that this sounded strange to him and that what he found out was that even if Winnebago hadn't priced out a part yet, they would've given the dealership a price within an hour!  After talking to him I called my dealership and was ready to be irate...but, for some miraculous reason (probably because I told them I was going to call Winnebago!) they now have all of the information and will be getting back to me by noon today!  Hopefully, now things will get moving along.

Sounds like your shop was playing fast and loose with the info. Always call Owner Relations anytime there is a question about service.  They have always been quick to answer up any question I have had. 

Here's my latest update....just heard from Pan Pacific and she told me that since they have to "build" the door, it would usually take 3 weeks, but for an additional $300 I can get the parts expedited and have them by this time next week.  Since they have us in a tight squeeze (next trip planned is for Memorial Day Weekend) I went ahead and said okay.  I can't believe that they have to "build" the door...aren't these things made from some sort of pattern, or prototype?  And, since this is still the same year that they are manufacturing my rig, shouldn't they just have the doors?  This is turning into a learning experience for sure!!

I don't know about you but I would verify that statement with customer service in Forest City. In as much as Pan Pacific has not been totally honest with prior dealings I would make sure I was not getting the old runaround again.

Could be my paranoia clicking in.

Don

Depending on the construction of the door and the damage, they may "re-build it". More correctly, if you have aluminum skinned bay doors, it's much cheaper to re-skin the door and paint it than to buy a new one. We had this done with a couple of our bay doors last time my wife let me drive the coach  :-[

Where are you located, and where is this PP dealership?

We are located in Morgan Hill, CA...and the Pan Pacific is also located here.  They tell me though, their parts are ordered through their French Camp location.

Just for a further update...I just got off the phone with Tom in Forest River and he told me that everything she is telling me is correct, so I feel better about that part.  He did tell me that what I could have done (hindsight!!) is call the dealership in Oregon where I purchased it and they could have drop shipped the parts using the part numbers located on the doors to me directly and I could have had my locale repair shop fix and paint.  So, next time I LET my husband drive it....just kidding!!

Ah, OK, I was thinking of the PP dealership on I-5 south of Stockton. If you were further north, I'd have suggested the guy in Grass Valley who did a great job of re-skinning and painting our bay doors.

Thought I'd post a photo of the damaged door...

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 49
Yeah, it's been rough!  But, accidents happen and hopefully we (DH) learned where we can and can't fit....LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom